Saddam Hussein caught!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GeeBot said:
Oh, the liberal media is such a myth. The liberals think the media is conservative, and the conservatives think the media is liberal. The truth is probably that it's somewhere in the middle, or maybe both, and people just pick arguments with those stories they like the least.
Well then if there's no media bias, how come the pro-democracy/anti-terrorism demonstration in Baghdad recently was almost completely ignored by the media, with the exception of Fox, who is essentially conservative. Do you think if they had been pro-Saddam/anti-Coalition, that CNN, ABC, NBC, the BBC, etc. would not have been all over that like flies on road kill? Do you think the New York Times would have given it more than a paragraph in the middle of some other story if that were the case?

The liberals can claim that the media is conservatively biased, but if you listen closely to their arguments, you'll notice they're falling flat on their asses. They claim conservatism owns radio because of Limbaugh and Hannity, but they have NPR and every tired, washed-up baby boomer DJ who hasn't lost his job yet. The New Yorker effectively cancels out the National Review, and they have sixty million television networks to our single one.

They might not even recognize it themselves, half the time. The modern version of objective reporting is disgusting, moral-relativist, anti-American gobbledygook, so they're just going along with the flow. But it's still inexcusable, and undeniable.

Frosty said:
The modern version of objective reporting is disgusting, moral-relativist, anti-American gobbledygook, so they're just going along with the flow. But it's still inexcusable, and undeniable.

Congrats on stating the obvious logically and painfully true. :)

Bah. I was halfway through a response to your post, Frosty when it occured to me that enough time's been wasted on this already. We agree on the necessity of the war against Iraq and Saddam Hussein. We disagree on the reasoning behind the war - fine, so be it. You haven't convinced me, but I can't convince you anyway, since it's pretty much impossible to conclusively prove that WMDs don't exist in a country the size of Iraq or that if they do exist, they would never have been used against the US.

What, not waste time on pointless debate? That would eliminate the entire reason for having chat boards in the first place!

Lol, Frosty, I'm so proud of you. Some very awesome, well thought, well stated answers. Couldn't have said it better myself (could have definitely said it worse though). Palestinians are clearly fighting to eradicate all the jews and not fighting for freedom or a homeland (they've been offered both and have refused them even though the offers were ludicrously generous). They still rally around the cry that was issued in 1948, "Drive them into the ocean!" After 4 wars in which they were whipped solidly they realize that they can't beat Israel in straight fight so they go to terrorist attacks, or better put, the coward's way. And before someone steps up and says it takes balls to strap on some dynamite and murder a bunch of women and children, you stop and think about it. It's the easy way out when you can end your life in a heartbeat and not worry about the pain and suffering that you're living among and causing. The real heroes, the real brave ones are the ones who have to live through it, the ones who have to learn to cope with their losses. The families of the victims of the terrorists, those are who I salute.

Hmm, I think I was going to post about something else too but I forgot it, oh well, that's food for thought.

Frosty said:
They might not even recognize it themselves, half the time. The modern version of objective reporting is disgusting, moral-relativist, anti-American gobbledygook, so they're just going along with the flow. But it's still inexcusable, and undeniable.

Way to go, Frosty.

It's this way in most places. Maybe the world is copying the US even when it's anti-american?

Bandit LOAF said:
Saddam Hussein has set a new standard for crazy beards - one that it may take those of us who are too lazy to shave decades to overcome.

sadpav.jpg

Yeah, see, the reason that isn't funny is because the guy still has a beard in the after picture.

But good effort with the going and finding someone else's shitty picture and pasting it here and all.

If he'd used the new Quatro there'd be no beard. That thing is awesome.

And in response your earlier comment Frosty, if you knew anything about the American Revolution you'd know that it was only about "freedom" for the colonists. The British started enforcing the rules the colonists had already agreed to. And most of the "oppression" wasn't directed at all the colonies, but just one. But I digress, the original comment was about war tactics. I just made the connection there, nothing else.

Regarding media political bias, I would say that the media is not beholden to specific political leanings (with the exception of those parts of the media that get more of their income from political "donors" than from selling advertising space) so much as it is beholden to ratings. Put simply, the media prints/broadcasts whatever it thinks will grab the most attention from people.

On this occasion, I know why Frosty called someone a fucking retard. And I'm inclined to agree.

I generally don't like to edit people's posts and such, but Frosty's post was nothing more than spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back