Running Privateer 1 on Windows ME

Ok. I add the J200 and a mouse driver. But still the problem is that when I run the program the computer hangs with the cursor flashing beneath the C:\PRIVATER\priv that I entered to run the game.

Did you type install while in the c:\privater and configure the sound settings?

[Edited by Johnl12 on 06-22-2001 at 00:17]

If you did a manual install I believe you also need to remove the read only attribute on all files within the c:\privater.

[Edited by Johnl12 on 06-22-2001 at 00:22]

Yes, I configured the sound by running install and I check all the files in the privater dir. But it still hangs.

Please don't bump posts. If they fall down on the it normally means people don't know, people don't care, or they don't want to answer for some reason. It's best to just let the threads die if nobody's responding

TC

I DID IT !!! Privateer 1 runs in WinMe

It is possible to patch WinMe to insert a Dos Mode.
Try visiting http://www.angelfire.com/yt/privater/windows.html
There is a little link at the beginning for WinMe Users where you can download a patch for WinMe to support a Dos-Mode. It took me a little bit long but now i can start my Computer with a startmenu where i can select WinMe OR Dos.

But i still have a problem.
Everytime i try to use emm386.exe in config.sys my system crashes. So its not possible to use EMS memory. And therefore i cant initialize my Dos-Driver for the SoundBlaster Live.
Ok i can play Privateer, but without music, sound or joystick. I already tried to get QEMM somewhere on the net to use this for EMS, but i couldn´t find anything. Could anyone send me this?

Please HELP!!!!

Originally posted by TC
Please don't bump posts. If they fall down on the it normally means people don't know, people don't care, or they don't want to answer for some reason. It's best to just let the threads die if nobody's responding

TC

Oh god, TC is a moderator. Hell must have just froze over :)

Back