Running Privateer 1 on Windows ME

How the heck did it stop working, anyway? I mean, one moment you had it working, and the next it was back to not-working? Did you do anything?

That is what has me perplexed. I got it working, then it stopped working again, got it working, then ceased to work again.

Originally posted by MadDog243
Autoexec.bat
@C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\NAVDX.EXE /Startup
@C:\PROGRA~1\DRSOLO~1\ANTI-V~1\GUARD.COM
LH C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\DOSKEY

if exist c:\pipost.bat call c:\pipost.bat
SET CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\HEAT\navbar;%CLASSPATH%
You can REM the first three lines, I believe the first two are Anti-Virus TSRs, the third is just enables some convenient keyboard shortcuts for use at the DOS prompt.

What's in the pipost.bat?

And your mem seems to be OK. Try piping mem /c into a file and post it.

Hmm... with the amount of memory you have free, you shouldn't be having any troubles at all.

What error message are you getting?

THe error message is "Insufficient DOS memory available to run privateer. Consult the installation manual for help reconfiguring your system. "

Wedge, Im a computer dunce, could you say that in the simplest way possible?

You must put *REM* at the home of the sentence..
I.E REM C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\NAVDX.EXE /Startup

In the autoexec.bat, but if you have 604 kb of conv. memory you are fine, try reinstalling the game, maybe there is a corrupted file or something

Are you trying to do this from an icon or a boot disk?

[Edited by Johnl12 on 05-07-2001 at 22:22]

From an icon, which puts it into a pure dos boot. And from what I see on Matino's thread, a boot disk may not help.

Ok, but as Ive said before, Im a dunce when it comes to computers. Your going to have to walk me through making a boot disk and getting it too work.

Use your windows to do a boot disk, and replace the autoexec and config with the files i sended before.

Back