RSI Pledge Thread

Made my pledge today, then later the funding hit its first mil! Congrats on the milestone, Chris; the first million will always be the hardest, and you broke it!!

Pledged last week sometime. Looking forward to my model and blueprints and other swag. Maybe upgrade later to that video chat with chris package. That'd be kinda cool, I looked up to him and his accomplishments when I was a teenager playing WC in the early 90's, be neat to meet (video wise at least) someone like that, and someone that helped, in a way, shape my teenage years. Or at least someone that gave me lots of fun time passing, escapism, and memories :).

Ok, I went for the "Come fly with me"-package. I just hope that I'll get the Squadron 42-manual with it or that it will be available when the game comes in a box.

There was a huge run on the $1000 tier on the main page yesterday - sold out and then some now! Got to use the kickstarter for that level now, and even those are selling. Most impressively, there have been several $10,000 pledges in the last couple days!

I'm floored by how many high-level pledges there have been - there are some crazy passionate people for this genre out there!

I seem to recall Roberts mentioning that once the 2M mark is reached, some large backers will kick in. I wonder if some of these high-level pledges are some of these backers doing a kind of 'pre-commit' to that... Certainly seeing the huge support pouring in must make them confident they have chosen to support the right project!

Here's a couple RSI nuggets from the Kickstarter comments - something that might otherwise get missed:

On the $10,000 bonus:
Davin - its not multiple membership. Each $10K person is buying their own private club / room that they can invite their friends to hang out in. Think of it as an exclusive cabana / room for you and your friends behind a velvet rope at a hot club, or a private board room to plot your plans at universe domination with the rest of your squadron / clan.

On the $6 million "locked" stretch tier:
:) Nathan Fillon is great. If we get to infinity and beyond I'll try to get him to voice one of the characters!

And on EA...
Dablue - We're always open to that possibility! Maybe if we get enough people behind Star Citizen EA will take notice and something could happen

Now there is a question:

Chris uses a lot of hints in the game: Bengal, Hornet, Blair, Kilrathi, Wing Commander Campaign...its good to see this. But on the other hand. EA still has the IP right? I don't know but what is, if EA says "you make a Game with some names from our IP! We want some money" or worse.

Looks like in the past day there was an increase of almost $100,000 from both sites. Less than 400,000 to go.

Now there is a question:

Chris uses a lot of hints in the game: Bengal, Hornet, Blair, Kilrathi, Wing Commander Campaign...its good to see this. But on the other hand. EA still has the IP right? I don't know but what is, if EA says "you make a Game with some names from our IP! We want some money" or worse.
Or they say "we really like what we've seen, why not set it in the Wing Commander Universe?" It's too early to tell what we see now will remain in the final game, for at least one reason you pointed out.

Broke down and made a pledge today. What the hell, right?

I did a small pledge at RSI and another, larger pledge over at Kickstarter. Now, I'm pretty sure the e-mail address with which I associated myself over on Kickstarter is not the same one I'm using at RSI (though they're similar; hopefully the powers that be will say "oh, that's obviously the same person" or some such).

Next hurdle: find the $200-$300 minimum it's going to take to upgrade my computer to the point where the game will be playable, and then convince the missus to let me use that kind of money for that particular purpose.

After the KS campaign, you can contact RSI to help reconcile your accounts.

(Un?)fortunately, you have two years to save up for a computer upgrade!

My RSI account is now linked with my pledge:). Looks like they sent me back in time tho, to the late 90s. The date of my pledge is 8/10/98 on RSI!

Back