RSI Pledge Thread

Anybody having problems pledging? Last couple of days I couldn't even get the pledge page to load after choosing CC and pledge level. Now I can at least get past that but now I can't get past the page that asks for name and email. I have tried IE and chrome, both don't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Anybody having problems pledging? Last couple of days I couldn't even get the pledge page to load after choosing CC and pledge level. Now I can at least get past that but now I can't get past the page that asks for name and email. I have tried IE and chrome, both don't work. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the exact same issue. I see it start to load the "Checkout" page but it never gets to the form part before bouncing me out.

I'm having the exact same issue. I see it start to load the "Checkout" page but it never gets to the form part before bouncing me out.

Same here. PayPal does seem to work.

I just noticed Amazon payment is also possible it seems.
Has anyone here used amazon payment already? It may be an alternative for me because amazon is one of the places (actually the only one now that I think about it) in the internet that already has my bank account number?

Amazon is the best! I buy multiple things through Amazon each week.

Here's a question for y'all in the know; sorry if it's already been answered, I'm just feeling too lazy to look. For the $30, $35 and $40 pledge levels, what's the difference in the benefit for me (the end user)? I'm looking at the site right now and I'm not really seeing any difference.

Yeah, I think the rewards are the same for all three tiers. The difference is that First Responder and Early Adopter are limited (hence the name) - only the first 5000 contributers in each category can select them. After those slots are sold, people have to pay $40 to get those benefits. Have Starship, Will Travel is unlimited. Also, $35 is the average "sweet spot" amount that most people on Kickstarter contribute. Having those three tiers allows the casual contributer to pay a little bit more or a little bet less around this level. Of course, I would encourage dedicated Wingnuts to see if they can dig a little deeper and choose one of the slightly higher categories. :)

For the $30, $35 and $40 pledge levels, what's the difference in the benefit for me (the end user)? I'm looking at the site right now and I'm not really seeing any difference.

Not sure - perhaps just there to give people different amounts.

The back-up site gives the title of Scout and Mercenary to the USD30 and USD40 amounts respectively. There was no USD35 option, previously.

Edit: Didn't see Chris' post on this before writing. What he said makes sense.

So certain tiers are limited, and the one that actually seems closest to filling up is The Stars My Destination at $1000. Currently, 29 of 50 slots are taken. Anyone else looking hard at that one?

I just noticed Amazon payment is also possible it seems.
Has anyone here used amazon payment already?

Yeah, did pledge via amazon. Redirects you to their site and adds the pledge like a ergular item you buy there. No problems.

Yeah, did pledge via amazon. Redirects you to their site and adds the pledge like a ergular item you buy there. No problems.
Ah, ok thanks. I already wondered where the actual price in Euros would appear, because the pledge site has only dollars.
I might have the 200€ I want to spend on the game by the end of this month if I am lucky. If not the pledge will be considerably smaller I fear. :(

Aginor? IF you buy the 200 € Package you have the RSI Constellation....did you need a pilot on board? ^^ If you stay in the military ;)

“ the RSI Constellation, will have multiple crew positions (turrets, etc.) and even be able to launch its own fighters.” -Ben Lesnick

Yeah, why not. :)
Man, I'm so looking forward to that. Landing a fighter in the small hangar bay and flying around and.... if the game will be released and only half of the stuff we're see now is in it, it will be really really cool.

Here is a graph. Keep up the good work everyone.

Note: I collected the data for this on my own from what is posted on the website, any questions should go to me...

rsicrowdfunding10161017.png

I'm not giving anything. I do sympathize with this effort and like to follow the news in this exciting times, but since I am not an active gamer anymore and don't even know whether I'm going to buy the game and a new pc when the time comes, my interest in this is more of a general, cultural than a personal kind. Plus, when I have money to donate, I give it to the International Commitee of the Red Cross, and not to a computer game.

I'm still a Wing Commander fan though and as such, following this forum with great enjoyment. That's why I'm writing this, feeling that I'm somewhat obliged to explain my absence from the effort. Don't want to spoil it, sorry.

Just wrote a post on the RSI forum that has made me feel like President Whitmore from Independence day.
'We will not go quietly into the night, we will not finish without a fight...'

:D

Here is a graph. Keep up the good work everyone.
It's only over the course of a couple of days, but it does seem to demonstrate a linear correlation between pledge-per-fan and also pledges over time. If the momentum is maintained, this should be quite exciting, but as mentioned several times, it seems that pledges are usually not consistent over the course of the time available. Still, it's a wonderful start.

As for choosing to pledge or not to pledge, I think I touched on it before: no-one should feel guilty or feel as though they have to justify themselves if they choose not to pledge. Likewise, no-one should feel guilty for choosing to pledge to this over other things. The important thing with regards to money is having a generous spirit, regardless of how much one has, whether rich or poor. Am I generous with my money? Probably not enough, but I try.

That said, I did make my pledge a few days ago, and if others are willing and able, I hope they do as well if they haven't already. Keep up the support, everyone, financially or through other means!

Edit: I want to make it very clear that I do not consider RSI to be a charity in any sense of the word, nor do I consider giving to charity to be undesirable or something to be discouraged. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Back