RSI Pledge Thread

Wojo

Rear Admiral
So, who's planning to pledge what?

Really, the only option for any of us is the 'Wingnut' option, huh? Seems pretty much aimed directly at this community...

Spaceship-shaped USB flash drive? - Sold.
Glossy Manual - Sold!
Fold-out universe map?!? - SOLD!!!

Plus the other swag.

Waiting to get get paid, then seeing if I can afford to throw ten bucks at this. Being the sole breadwinner of a family of four sucks donkey nuts.

As with any sort of giving, I don't think people should feel pressure to give more than they can afford or shame in not being able to give as much as others. I'm generally not that enthusiastic about projects that ask for money in this way and I only recently heard about Kickstarter (yeah, I know I'm out of the loop, not being involved in the conventional social media circles) and I'm not entirely comfortable with how that seems to work either (saw it in relation to an OC ReMix project, I think).

But this is Wing Commander (in spirit, if not in name), so I'm genuinely quite excited about this and can only hope that they haven't over-committed themselves (remember the delays with Freelancer?). So I do plan to contribute something, but I won't be saying how much.

I already pledged at the start of the founding. Hey 2 Millions is a target we can make. 5 Million for the Freelancer/Privateer Part perhaps too. And if not read the lines:

• What If You Don't Raise Enough Money?

We are encouraged by the overwhelming response to our "underground" launch site with over 20,000 registered users that we will reach, and hopefully exceed our minimum goal. We also believe that the response to our crowd funding campaign will cause certain fans and investors to step up with additional funding. Nonetheless, we are offering you the option to have your money refunded (less processing fees), should we really not reach our minimum goal. Or you may leave it in so that we can use it for additional fund raising or to continue working on the game at a reduced level.

xD Darkmage new Maniac? ^^ But on the other hand... If I had the money atm I would increase my pledge ;) I buy before a month my MSI 670 Power Edition and hey ;) The same Graphic-card is used in the Demo :) But I think when the game comes you need a better one. We see only one carrier and a few fighters. What if there is a huge starship battle? In 2 years we already have then 870 GTX in our PC-Towers ^^

I'm in for the early bird $30 for now. If he releases more details about what exactly each of these citizenship levels are, I may be convinced to improve my pledge in the future (a feature he's not currently offering, but given he's trying to emulate Kickstarter, he'll have to implement it if he seeks success after this initial push.) Sounds like I can always throw more money his way when the game actually goes live through in-game transactions anyway.

I'm comfortable dropping some cash for the Wingnut or Lancer packages; preferrably I could get some more info concerning the ships involved. I'm really interested about the ships after those, because I don't know if they are capships or whatever. Anyone have any clues?

I'm probably going for the Wingnut package though I kind of want the exploration stuff as well...

Yeah, I want the wingnut package, but want to pledge more... I want the higher pledge level stuff AND the lower level stuff like many Kickstarters...

Wingnut for me. "Colonel" sounds all too familiar. ;)

Bit disappointing about the lack of blue prints. The other options are just too expensive. :)

I've realised it was pretty gauche to ask how much people are prepared to spend... (smacks hands for lack of social grace)

I'm more interested in discussion about what you get for each package; what to people think the map will be like? (The thing I'm most excited about obviously. As a kid I had starmaps and all sorts posted all over my bedroom wall from many games).

Also interested in this 'premier' ship you get in-game. Will it always be a cut above the rest? Or will it quickly be eclipsed by other craft you obtain as you gain experience points? Ponder ponder ponder.

I got me the Lancer package. There are way too many really skilled fighter pilots out there, a good ship wouldn't help me enough... :) I guess exploration and trading is more suitable to me.

I've realised it was pretty gauche to ask how much people are prepared to spend... (smacks hands for lack of social grace)

I'm more interested in discussion about what you get for each package; what to people think the map will be like? (The thing I'm most excited about obviously. As a kid I had starmaps and all sorts posted all over my bedroom wall from many games).

Also interested in this 'premier' ship you get in-game. Will it always be a cut above the rest? Or will it quickly be eclipsed by other craft you obtain as you gain experience points? Ponder ponder ponder.

It's a sensitive subject, but I'm glad you asked. :) Of course nobody is obligated to share a number, but I think it's kind of an interesting discussion to hear about the momentum and excitement that's getting people to consider different pledge levels. It is important that you guys are getting your questions out there! (such as wondering what the benefits between different ships and citizen cards are) The Roberts Space Industries people are reading this stuff, and it'll help shape the future of the fund raising campaign.

Things I don't like about it:
- why only 30 days? In that time many people who like space sims but are not constantly browsing the web for them won't even know about the project. I would rather suggest 3 months or so. I cannot see how they want to reach their goal in a month. Maybe the first one, but the other ones...
- I don't have a credit card and I don't use paypal. I would have liked other methods of payment as well, for example paysafecard. I could maybe ask a friend of mine, but... see below.
- at the moment I simply don't have the €200 available I would want to spend. I'm moving to a new house this month and expensive stuff is expensive. I would like to pay in December but... see above.

So no money from me I guess, sorry.

I can't imagine that they would refuse further donations, but regarding the time limit, my guess is that they would want as many submissions as possible to be made by the end of that time for budgeting purposes. Otherwise, they could potentially wait forever as donations continue to trickle in.

As for your personal circumstances, I wonder... I realise it may be hard to distinguish between genuine participants and people who just want to put their hand up for the sake of it, but given that RSI, et al, are working so closely with the gaming communities, perhaps there could be extensions granted in particular cases? Just a thought - I don't know how the financial side of things are managed.

- at the moment I simply don't have the €200 available I would want to spend. I'm moving to a new house this month and expensive stuff is expensive. I would like to pay in December but... see above.

So no money from me I guess, sorry.

not even $10? :(

Back