Ronald Reagan dead at 93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched some of the services on webcast this afternoon...I was glad to see Margaret Thatcher there, and even though she wasn't well enough to speak in person, her pre-recorded address was very good. Sandra Day reading John Winthrop was pretty moving too.

I caught some clips of the funeral as well, along with some clips of him. He had a great sense of humor. As far as his presidency though, he truly was one of the greatest presidents America has ever known. Most others pale in comparision to him. His personal integrity was far above his contemporarys (Clinton for example...) his political accomplishments stand as strong as any other of the great ones (Abolishment of Slavery, Defeating the Nazis, and Collapsing Communism in Russia...all great achievements by great men).

Shipgate said:
I'm gonna puke and crap my guts out if we don't stop talking about this.

For some reason this post compels me to keep the thread going.

On Friday, one of the customer service reps in our sales department brought a large box of jellybeans to work for our customers/the occasion. We don't usually have candy for our customers, so many of our regulars asked what the occasion was, at which time our rep chimed in with the calendar date and the story of Reagan's jellybeans. To my suprise, most of the people he talked to were not even aware that Friday was a national day of mourning. I guess some people don't pay attention. Or go outside. Or read.

Ignorance or not, I thought it was a pretty meaningful gesture.

That was a pretty nice gesture, I wish our department had done something like that. (I love Jelly Beans! :) ). But seriously, that doesn't surprise me...most people seem ot not pay much attention.

Either way, they'll end up in the toilet. Though, to be honest, this is probably the first time I've heard someone say they were gonna "crap my guts out". Puke, sure, but crap? Sounds kinda like that one episode of Futurama, in season 3, with the worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back