Roger Oldziey CD?

pendell

Spaceman
A couple of months ago we put together a petition for Roger Oldziey to release a CD of his music.

IIRC, the petition was successful. So ... where can I buy this CD? I'd prefer an on-line link so I can order directly from, say, CDnow or someone like that.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

First off, it's George Oldziey. :)

Secondly, it wasn't Oldziey at all. It was George "Fatman" Sanger. I'll drop him a note for another update on the CD.

It's currently in post-production.

Originally posted by LeHah

Secondly, it wasn't Oldziey at all. It was George "Fatman" Sanger. I'll drop him a note for another update on the CD.

What will be on it?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Every single damned note of music from WC1.

WC2 and on is still legally unavailable, since EA owns the rights. Sanger said WC2 was a "Music for Hire" contract, so he doesn't own it.

That would be cool to get a CD of. I've already made a CD for every game, but I would still buy one, maybe two copies of each one. Maybe one of these days more will come out.

George Oldziey has made several attempts to put out a WCIII-Prophecy CD. EA has been viciously slothful in deciding to do anything with the music...

Oldziey originally slated to release the CD with Wing Commander Online and Privateer Online, but when those ideas were scrapped, Oldziey knew it was going to be of little use. He was also interested, and enthusiastic, about a 10 minute orchestral medly of his work through all the WC games he did. Then again, "Medal of Honor" composer Michael Giacchino told a round about price for an orchestra:

Well, it can cost up to about $65 per musician per hour, and we usually record for about 9 to 12 hours with a 70 piece orchestra. Engineer and Recording costs can reach about $8,0000 to $10,000.00. Then there's the studio which is about $3,000. You could easily spend $90,000.00 + to do a big score like the MOH music. (and that doesn't include orchestration, or
the music copyist which varies but could add another $10,000 to $20,000 depending on how much music there is.

I'll drop him a line again, but I think that old Georgie-boy has given up, since he doesn't own a note of the work he produced and since WC is on a very extended hiatus.

Originally posted by LeHah

At least i don´t have a pathetic army of pigs nor i need the help of the Sardaukar my fat cousin :p

Still no contact with Mr Sanger aka "The Fatman". I think we'll need to form a search party. :(

Originally posted by Ghost
I envy you....you can fly with no direction...hehe
Ask Alia! :D

That brat! Clearly madness runs through the veins of House Atreides. They can't even educate their children properly.

BTW, I hope that this is only a temporary setback for the WC music, because I really hunger for it.

Back