Rigakh

The Rigakh is Prince Thrakhath's flagship, seen at the start of Wing Commander II. The name comes from the Kilrathi Saga calendar and a line of dialogue from Special Operations 1.

Edit -- that is to say, it's the *class* of Thrakhath's flagship... that particular Rigakh is the Hha'ifra.

I had no idea that there were other ships like the Hha'ifra aroud. Neat. What do we know about it, besides that it can launch a full spread of missiles?

McGruff said:
Eh, looks like a Ralatha to me. Give me my Broadsword and it's toast.

On steroids with a full fighter wing at least to smoke you before you get within 15k.

Dundradal said:
On steroids with a full fighter wing at least to smoke you before you get within 15k.
We don't know anything about that. There is no reason to assume that the Rigakhs are bigger or more powerful than the Fralthra - they could very well be, but not necessarily so. Apart from serving as Prince Thrakhath's flagship, the only other mention we ever have of a Rigakh is in SO1, where such a cruiser sneaks past our lines and bombs Ghorah Khar for a bit before being destroyed by those local pilots Blair was training.

Quarto said:
We don't know anything about that. There is no reason to assume that the Rigakhs are bigger or more powerful than the Fralthra - they could very well be, but not necessarily so. Apart from serving as Prince Thrakhath's flagship, the only other mention we ever have of a Rigakh is in SO1, where such a cruiser sneaks past our lines and bombs Ghorah Khar for a bit before being destroyed by those local pilots Blair was training.

Well, I can think of one reason it might but it admittedly doesn't provide any specifics about the Rigakh. Being that Thrakath used it as his flagship, I doubt it would have been any smaller or less capable than at least a Fralthi, if only because Thrakhath has an enormous ego and always receives the best of anything he desires in the Empire. The stealth fighter program is his, he gets to fly a Bloodfang, he has the political weight to pull for the Hakaga programs and he upgrades his flag to a H'varkann-class dreadnought later.

It doesn't guarantee anything about the Rigakh class being bigger or more powerful than any other capital ship class, and certainly there is historical precedent for admirals to prefer commanding their fleets from cruisers instead of available battleships or carriers... but with Thrakhath just being who he is, I'd give better odds than not that the Rigakh was a top-of-the-line capital ship at the time that the Tiger's Claw was destroyed. I suppose that, it being 10 years between WC1 and WC2, we know the Rigakh and Hha'ifra existed long before we see our first Fralthra in action in WC2, so yeah - I guess we really *don't* know how a Rigakh compares with a Fralthra.

Back