Ridiculous Thread About "Equality"

boringnickname

Rear Admiral
Obviously, any man not "under a spell" about his wife has a pretty weak marriage

Crap prospects for marriage then, because I am actually for equality.

For thousand of years women have been victims of jealousy and suspicion.

Ah, and this makes my blood boil. Women as a class were not worse off than men as a class.

Sure, there were more male emperors and rulers maybe (the female counterparts were not exactly all nice either), but the common-man was in no-less miserable position than the common woman. Being a serf, drafted and getting the head cut-off in a battlefield for your king (or queen) was not exactly luxury.

It's like complaining about the female right to vote, all the while forgetting that for most of history, most men had no right to vote either.

The feminist notion that "men" (all of them) were the care-free aristocrats and torturing women for the heck of it ("patriarchy") pisses me off. That's sexist BS.

And that "check-your-privilege" game can be played by both sides by the way.

She's in a power position ? Surely she must have used some trick, spells or sex to get into that position ! No way a good looking woman could get into a high position within a company on her own merits !

Well, not flaunting her sexuality would help to avert such accusations in the first place.

Now you can call me prude or whatever, but I just hate this picture (and her other "sexy posing").

That just rubs me in the wrong way so much. "I am a business professional and highly important to this 90+ million project.. by the way, have you seen my hawt pics..?"

Last edited:
This is not a debate about feminism or equality, you can calm your post modern sensibilities down. Pete is referring to very specific crude unwarranted attacks - rampant in the RSI forums, but even bleeding into our own #Wingnut chatroom - that would absolutely not be leveled at a man. Even the Escapist article written by a woman demonstrates the double standard. No man would be chastised for using profanity in a male-dominated industry like this, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Even the Escapist article written by a woman demonstrates the double standard. No man would be chastised for using profanity in a male-dominated industry like this.

What double-standard in the escapist-article?

Notwithstanding if the article was true or not: If a man would have been confronted with such accusations (racist and sexist language and hiring practice) he would have been DESTROYED ON THE SPOT. Do you think a man would fare better under such accusations? No way.

If the roles would have been reversed (Chris Roberts being accused of sexism and racism instead of Gardiner) some organizations would file lawsuits already against him ("another patriarch getting what he deserves!")

EDIT:

you can calm your post modern sensibilities down

Objecting to feminist victimology are post-modern sensibilities? Sounds a lot like "man-up".

Last edited:
Maybe in some naive paradise, but that's very wishful thinking. :)

Huh?

-"Notwithstanding if the article was true or not: If a man would have been confronted with such accusations (racist and sexist language and hiring practice) he would have been DESTROYED ON THE SPOT. [...] If the roles would have been reversed (Chris Roberts being accused of sexism and racism instead of Gardiner) some organizations would file lawsuits already against him ("another patriarch getting what he deserves!")"

-"Maybe in some naive paradise, but that's very wishful thinking"

Why do you connotate the above post (man destroyed on the spot, "patriach" getting lynched etc) with "paradise"? I find it funny that you accuse people of sexism yet you don't notice how sexist your own statement is.

Anyway:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...er-collapse-sexist-comments-article-1.2258310

Tim Hunt was a nobel-laureate, with dozens of accolades and honorary-doctorships and all of it got destroyed because of a stupid sexist joke. So much for wishful-thinking.

Last edited:
Back