Revisions to the manual

JKeefe

Spaceman
It look s like a few of my previous edits somehow dissapeared, and there are a few new things.

Section 5.2
Change "This manual was written to the Windows version of Privateer Remake" to "This manual is written for the Windows version of Privateer Remake".

Change "please forward that information to the author, the editor or report on the..." to "please forward that information to the author or the editor, or report on the..."

Section 5.4.1
Under "Change Scenario", there should be a period between "Pilot" and "Most".

Section 5.4.2
Under "Realxing Game Play" change "Game is Accleration normal" to "Game Acceleration normal" or "Game Acceleration is normal".

Under "Video", there are no descriptions for anything but "Low Detail". Are there descriptions for the other settings?

If you're going to list "Recommend a high end graphics card" for Specular Per Pixel Lighting and Reflective Per Pixel Lighting, you should do the same for Reflective Lighting.

In the section titled "Color", the phrase "32 bit coloration" is used. Usually the phrase is just "32 bit color".

In the section titled "Mouse Cursor", under "Hardware Cursor", it says "Select this option where the cursor is not appearing when at a base at all." It should say "Select this option when the cursor is not appearing at all when at a base.

In the section titled "Joystick" it says "Joysticks can also be programmed by direct editing the vegastrike.config file." It should say "Joysticks can also be programmed by directly editing the vegastrike.config file." Also, the description of the throttle controlling accleration and not set speed is incorrect; my throttle controls set speed.

Section 6.1.1
Section 6.1.1
Change "At the beginning of play, this ship is the Tarsus; a gift to you from your deceased grandfather" to "At the beginning of play, this ship is the Tarsus, a gift to you from your deceased grandfather" (comma instead of a semicolon).

You do not need to double click your ship to launch; only a single click is necessary.

Section 6.1.2
Change "have a drink, chat to the locals, and view the latest news" to "have a drink, chat with the locals, and view the latest news".

Section 6.2.2
Figure 4 should be updated with a shot from a Pre1.0 release that doesn't show all of the races.

Change "The player must then access the Commodities Exchange, Mission Computer, or Upgrades Computer, which has a Save/Load button located to the top right" to "The player must then access the Commodities Exchange, Mission Computer, or Upgrades Computer, all of which have a Save/Load button located to the top right".

Section 6.3.1
Under "Mission types", change "Bounty Missions ask you to hunt down and frequently kill a target" to "Bounty Missions ask you to hunt down and kill a target". You always have to kill the target, right?

It says "Accepted Missions are not saved within a Saved Game." Campaign missions are saved, right? Maybe there should be a note about that (or maybe you want to almost entirely hide the campaign from discussion, like the original manual did).

In the "Missions Screen" section, it is not the "Mission BBS" button - the button only says "Mission".

Section 6.4.2
Change "The Cargo Screen will have the following across the upper viewing area. In the top left will be three button marked..." to "The Cargo Screen will have the following across the upper viewing area: three buttons marked...".

Section 6.5
You don't need to double click anything i the ship dealer; Change all instructions to single click.

Section 6.5.1
Change "Note that the view-screens have slider bars where information is greater than can be viewed in one view-screen" to "Note that the view-screens have scrollbars where information is greater than can be viewed in one view-screen"

Change "This will either be due to your ship already having a similar ugrade installed, your ship cannot mount that sized model upgrade, or you do not have the funds available" to "This will either be because your ship already has a similar ugrade installed, your ship cannot mount that sized model upgrade, or you do not have the funds available".

Section 6.6.3
double-clicking again - you only need to single click to access guilds.

From this point it looks like none of the edits I made before are in there, so I will refer you to that thread: http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=15974&page=3&

Odd, thought I picked those previous edits of yours up. Will modify if I haven't.

Note: haven't actually updated for those yet, since I'm also picking up compughatt's new nav comp pathfinder and a few others. Hope to have an update by weekend.

Great work on this, as usual. Very comprehensive and all someone needs to get into the game. If more people checked it out, we'd have fewer questions about how to do stuff :D

Back