Returning from 3rd mission

O

Ossi

Great remake.

I got a problem with the 3rd story mission. I got the artifact from Sandoval and did his mission. Got back and he was dead and did the 2nd mission for that girl Tayla or some such. Then I left the pirate base and did the 3rd mission for her. But now I got a problem. As she said return to her after the 3rd mission I can't remember where she was! I got distracted when going out on the thrid and didn't pay attention from where I left. Where is she waiting? Can anyone help? Or is it critical if I don't go back? Does the story continue?

JKeefe said:
Try looking for an unmaped jump point in the 119CE system.

Unmapped jump point? No wonder I didn't find it.

I'll try it. Thanks.

Yes that was the place. Thanks again.

Navigating is more difficult than it could be. And when choosing missions there should be star map to see which cargo runs are easy to do or combine to others.

Mission map system.

Yeah, I've wondered about the map system. What, exactly, can we do with that filtering system? And would it be possible to select a target system and have that insert a mission into the queue, showing exactly which jump to take from system to system?

-sleet01
"I laughed, I cried, I fell down, it changed my life . . . it was good."

Map here (from the original). Many of us that played the orignal a lot simply have memorized where all the systems are. :)

Need help again.

Now Im of to do my 5th mission. As I navigate through the Pentonville asteroid base out of nowhere a whole bunch of pirate ships appear and start attacking me with out any reason. I had good relations with pirates (47) and none had attacekd me earlier. And it seems these ships really come out of nowhere since one moment there are no ships to be seen and next there is atleast 6 of them shooting and hitting me.

I got killed the first time and tried again 3 times but it is alwasyt the same. They just appear and kill me.

What gives?

It's part of the plot. There is dialogue to explain what is going on.

Killing them is not that hard if you are decent at fighting and have a decent ship. If you are still flying a Tarsus, it could be tricky. I find that extending away from the fight an reentering on my own terms in the best thing to do; that's not possible in a Tarsus due to its speed.

I always read about "the plot" but where does it actually begin?
Yes, I'm still in a tarsus in the Troy system saving money for a ship and being equipped with laser, neutron gun, tractor beam, jump drive, afterburner and 10 heatseaking missiles.

JKeefe said:
It's part of the plot. There is dialogue to explain what is going on.

Killing them is not that hard if you are decent at fighting and have a decent ship. If you are still flying a Tarsus, it could be tricky. I find that extending away from the fight an reentering on my own terms in the best thing to do; that's not possible in a Tarsus due to its speed.

What dialogue? Where? Do you mean the communications after they attack? They speak over each other so it's hard to make sense of it. And where do they come from?

blindcoder said:
I always read about "the plot" but where does it actually begin?
Yes, I'm still in a tarsus in the Troy system saving money for a ship and being equipped with laser, neutron gun, tractor beam, jump drive, afterburner and 10 heatseaking missiles.
Try talking to Sandoval in New Detroit.

Unregistered said:
What dialogue? Where? Do you mean the communications after they attack? They speak over each other so it's hard to make sense of it. And where do they come from?
Yes, it is hard to make sense of it. In the original, each plot-related communication was triggered by a response from you through the comms menu. This isn't really possible in the Vegastrike engine.

They don't really come from anywhere - they spawn and attack you. It is meant to be sudden.

So, here's what you do:
- be ready
- Afternurner out of the middle of the fight
- kill the Talons first (2 missiles, if they impact together, destoy a Talon)
- turn and face the Centurion and kill it.
- Use PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN to read the dialogue

Thanks for the info.

I tried 4 times to battle them and the best was I managed to destroy 2 crafts with assistance of meteors but Im not near getting through it. I might as well try to whole game from the start.

Infact how do you start a new game?

Everytime I die I can only quit or respawn and I haven't found out any other way to end game. And when I start the game I don't get any menus it just loads up the latest save.

Now Im doing the plot missions again. After getting the first brilliance run the Militia suddenly hate me without even knowing I did something bad. How do I improve the relations?

Lone Wolf said:
Open the save/load screem from the mission computer. Then hit quit in the lower left corner.

That doesnt work. It quits the whole game. It doesn't let me start a new one.

Ossi said:
In fact how do you start a new game?

From the Save/Load screen, down the centre are three buttons [Save, Load, New] Click on 'NEW', which brings up a submenu [Cancel, Load]. Click Load and it will load up a 'New Game'.

Back