Retros

klaus

Spaceman
Where went the retros?

Saw them on P1 and then *poof*?

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

After Brownhair eliminated the more violent, extremist part of their leadership (i.e. Mordecai Jones), the others obviously mellowed out. Mind you, we wouldn't hear about them anyway. They seemed to only appear in the Gemini Sector, and Priv is the only game that takes place in that sector.

So they just were the occasional enemy thrown in...

Aren't they mentioned in any of the novels?

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Too bad.

There are many things left yet unexplored in the WC universe.

Thanks for the answer anyway.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
The Retro planet rocks. Music and scenery.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

I kinda got sick of dying by the weapons I adore (or should that be killing by the weapons I adore?
smile.gif
) when I killed by 400th Retro. It's kinda disturbing, actually. In an average WC game you get 200-300 kills (more than that in WCP and SO). But in Priv, you get over 1000 just like that...

Yes, the kill scores were pretty high up in Privateer, but consider the opposition. For the most part your main opponent is flying a Talon, which even flown by a good pilot (the AI ain't 'good') is still a weak ship.

Compare that to the 'main' games (WC1-P), where the oposition is usually better armed/protected than a civvie craft would be.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

What I liked to do with them was fire some shots to weaken the shields and then RAM. Their ships always went kablooie.

------------------

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 28, 2000).]

Isn't there some retro-ish pirate group in priv2?

------------------
The time is near.
There are 337 days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Death: Well, what about the Kilrathi? Every once in a while, I'd go into the Kilrathi Systems, and come back with many more kills. And remember how tough the Gothri was in WC 2.

No Regret: I don't know, and I probably never will... I finally gotten around to trying my P2 Deluxe, but the combat was waaaay too fast
frown.gif

What machine are you playing it on? Mine works perfectly. (one of the few advantages of having an obsolete computer
smile.gif
)

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Earthworm: Oh, you know, the usual. 500mhz, 64mb RAM, 40x CD ROM, 8mb graphics card... That sort of thing. Although I suppose it should be pointed out that it's a Celeron. I'd've preferred a proper processor, but Celerons are just so much cheaper
smile.gif

Back