Retro Wc1 Ships made NEW!

Hey, I remember that. Unfortunately, many fan projects stop before they're finished anyway.

Just one complaint - could you make your pictures brighter next time? Kick up the gamma correction. I can see the ones at that link above just fine. I know the monitor on my home computer is a little on the dim side, but I'm at uni with contrast and brightness at 100%, which is too much, and I still can't see any detail.

The new Destiny Class - hopefully not too bright for you guys... :D
mf1.jpg

mf2.jpg

It's based on the old Heretic from Priv2 - but looks a bit spiffier.
And here's a look at the new cockpit hud that I did for VegaStrike:

http://www.hedfiles.com/cockpit_redo.jpg

Enjoy!

Hmm...
The back half of the fighter reminds me of the Hercules from Freespace, right down to the "keel" on the fighter.
Overall, all of the fighters look nice.

Heh. I hadn't even thought about the Hercules or the grav tank... Funny ow that happens. Nothing new under the sun, eh?
Anyhow, here's the first shot of a landing bay - the total poly count is 1400! and it only uses 2 512x512 texturemaps (one for the ship, one for the bay) and a single 128x128 texture for the ship's shadow.
lb1.jpg

It's not quite done, as I still have a lot of room in the 512x512 for the bay. I'll probably add scaffolding and catwalks.
Enjoy!

Just let me ask you a Question.....Why dont you gine the pics to the news , so we can all see them there??
Its better than here ....

Oh, its OK then, It would just be easier to put them there...

Well, they are great man, as I said before:D

Also, it's not really related to WC. Or is it? Why are you posting all these non-WC ships again, Howard?

Well maybe cause they are Vegastrike -related, but I believe that it would be better to post Wc related Ships.I think the most of us prefer the Wc-related ships

Oh, I never meant to say they don't look good just because they're not WC ships. But admittedly, it is a little less of interest because of that.

Back