Request for video capture...

Pedro

Admiral
Is there any chance someone has save games at the planet in WCIV with the tanks and at Kilrah and would be willing to record a few seconds showing both the kilrah bombing run and a fly by of some tanks using FRAPS in say... the next 6 hours.

Its not really important, it would just be a very last usefull touch to illustrate a point in my final year project and it would mean you'd receive my eternal gratitude :D

I'm not sure what you want here. Do you want the tank bombing sequence when the intrepid jumps in to circe system? Or are you talking about gameplay?
If you need the videos, you dont have the wc movie viewer, or do you not have the games? Please be more specific. It would be easy for wc4 if you want the (dvd) video but I don't have a save game in circe just yet. I don't have wc3 for PC though, but the kilrathi bombing run is available here at the CIC (from playstation / 3do??)

Oh, and you probably shouldn't leave things like this to the last minute. ;)

Gameplay footage, I already have the Playstation bombing run videos and the tank scene from WCIV DVD, those are infact what I hope to be comparing against to give a little more weight to my case for the validity of this project.

As for leaving things till the last minute... I know ;) First plan was get wildcat to do it but he couldn't find time in the end, secound was to replay the games but I couldn't find time so now you find me at plan C. This probably won't contribute to the marks in any way so it wasn't and still isn't a priority, its more for completeness and to give the lecturers a feel for the genre if they're unfamiliar.

If you give me some time I might be able to do something about wc4 vid. But certainly not in the next 6 hours (just heading out the door)

But I will need to now what kind of quality/ file size you want and a rought clip length. Plus it would be helpful to know exactly what kind of shots you want.

File size... as long as each is under 100MB is no problem, but you'd have to be able to e-mail it ;)
Just short clips, say 10 to 15 seconds, one which highlights the large seperation between the hover tanks and the ground in game and just one on the long trench run in WC3.

Thank you very much! :) Can wait about another 14 or 15 hours to be honest, but after than I'm handing it in, want to get on with the other numerous pieces of work due within in the next week.

Like I said, Ive got the wc4 stuff but won't be able to help you on wc3. So I've captured some tank footage and will piece something together for you later tonight. What size does your email in-box handle? I will probably send mpeg2 unless you would rather Divx. Email me with where you want it delivered. I will have more info on the file later when I edit it.

By the way, there are three types of tank in that mission. There are the enemy Hover tanks(which hover), and missile tanks (which hover same height as hover tanks). The Border worlds also have atleast 4 tanks that are right on the ground. Apparently they are probably older tanks that arent capable of hovering.

File sent... Should be there soon if everything goes alright

Back