Request for some artwork.

wildride

Spaceman
Hey guys, been off the WC scene for around 10 years now but with Star Citizen and a few other space games coming soon Ive really got the itch again and a creative bug. Im not much of a graphics artist however and thought Id come to where Ive always gone to check up on WC related stuff which is here.

Some folk here might remember me from WCRPG (TEOC) but if not thats cool, I did drop off the face of the planet.

Anyway long story short I'm working on a single player RPG game (in its infant stages) its primarily text but allows for images to be displayed, and it needs a few images, top of my list would be a Concordia class image for the TCS Ark Royal, would be cool if the sister ship Concordia was also done.

Ive looked around on google and not really satisfied with the versions Ive seen which look pretty much like a higher res version of the Victory.
With the sleeker models Im using for other ships like the Wildcat and Corsair the image in the enyclopedia looks the closest but trying to find something without the blockiness.

I also wonder if anyones attempted a Sivar yet, only ones Ive seen are wc1 screenshots and someones interpretation that looks more like a Sivar + USS Enterprise hybrid even though this looks good, I want to do things that look right. That said the Wildcat and Corsair look almost like the next generation (or 2) of modern fighter aircraft.

If anyone knows of some good quality images for these ships or feels like trying their hand at them just post. Ill be around. I also have to contact a couple of people on here and get their permission to use a couple of images Id like to use for other craft (namely Klavs and Howard Day)

There may be others later as this project goes on.. Ive still gotta the write a combat system for the platform Ive chosen.

PS Id throw up some examples but theres a 10 post minimum to do it. So maybe once I get that Ill put them up, though will admit Im more a lurker.

To summarize: Requesting quality renderings of
Concordia Class Carrier (TCS Ark Royal)
Sivar Class Dreadnaught.

I've been struggling with my Sivar design for a while. Most of my concepts involve pitching the 'orb' thingy on the front and making a more sinister version of the Super Wing Commander version, or a stripped down version of the movie dreadnought. Essentially turning it into a giant gun aimed at whatever poor planet it's gunning for.

For my money, Midnight Runner's Sivar from Spore looks the most like a redone version of the classic. Check it out here:

http://s401.photobucket.com/user/Mi...ilightArnor/KIS_Inghorath_Spore_Ship.jpg.html

Thats what I refered to as the Sivar+Enterprise hybrid. Mainly cause the pancake rather than orb structure made it look rather much like a sovereign class from star trek (front view take away the wings) I didnt realise it was similar to the S.Wing Commander version, had that down as the current image to use as its got the rendering quality I was looking at.

I will admit the Sivar in Wc1 looked odd for a Kilrathi ship because of that orb, when all their other ships had sharp edges.

Back