Repair droids

Ossi said:
Yes...

But have anyone ever saw them work in 1.0? Does anything get repaired?

Nope. But I found out why.

I searched through the config file for PR 1.0 (windows), and didn't find the above setting anywhere in it. I put the setting in the physics section, then took a bounty mission against some pirates and let my Cent get shot up just to see if the droid fixes anything now. That setting did the trick, my droid now patches me up pretty good. :)

SixGun said:
Nope. But I found out why.

I searched through the config file for PR 1.0 (windows), and didn't find the above setting anywhere in it. I put the setting in the physics section, then took a bounty mission against some pirates and let my Cent get shot up just to see if the droid fixes anything now. That setting did the trick, my droid now patches me up pretty good. :)

Can you teach a layman to do this?

I really need my repair droid for the Palan system :C

Well it's a good thing someone figured it out. This is a thing for the patch list. If there is such thing. Is there? Is there patch coming or new version still panned?

There needs to be a patch for the Linux version; since the Easy AI got left out. I assume the possibility of a Windows patach is not out of the question.

It appears the developers have vanished off the face of the earth, though. Hopefully they're just taking a much-deserved break.

Faderaven said:
Can you teach a layman to do this?

I really need my repair droid for the Palan system :C

Sure.
Open the config file in notepad, and scroll down to the physics section.
Stick (TAB 3) <var name="RepairDroidTime" value="30"/> anywhere in the physics section, and watch as R2 earns his keep. :)

Ok, forget I said Layman. How about teaching a simpleton to do it?

I think I found the file you were talking about - Vegasstrike.cfg?

I looked through it but couldn't figure out where the 'physics' section was.

EDIT: Found it. Testing.

Hmmm, just realized. In the milspec Cent only the radar, ECM and the repair droid itself show up in the damage list....guess what got damaged? I didn't notice it repairing itself.

Back