RelEase date

There are already several of these threads in the Saga forum and someone asks the same question at least once a month in those threads, you should check one of those before making a new thread.

Edx said:
Everytime someone asks we add an extra year.
;) :p

Ed
Cool. So only a few thousand years till release :cool:
So I guess the Release date on your HP ("Release: 2004") is still there, cause in those days there will be already another date system for 2004 years? ;)

Fruitcake said:
Show the fans your progress!

Personally, I think its best just to wait till its done. I dont even like watching trailers for films, i try and avoid them even though I usually end up watching them anyway because I cant help myself :) . I never watched the trailer or knew anything about The Matrix when I went to see it in the cinema, but it was the best cinematic experience I have had because of it. And in fact, thats the same for Wing 3 too. Never read any hype or knew anything about it.
Ed

Edx said:
Personally, I think its best just to wait till its done. I dont even like watching trailers for films, i try and avoid them even though I usually end up watching them anyway because I cant help myself :) . I never watched the trailer or knew anything about The Matrix when I went to see it in the cinema, but it was the best cinematic experience I have had because of it. And in fact, thats the same for Wing 3 too. Never read any hype or knew anything about it.
Ed

I feel the same way. I usually avoid both trailers and reviews until after I've seen the movie. When will Saga be done, anyway?

Dyret said:
I feel the same way. I usually avoid both trailers and reviews until after I've seen the movie. When will Saga be done, anyway?

Most people quite like trailers though. And games are an entirely different matter altogether. Lots of people like seeing screenshots of various parts of the game and learning about its progress as it's in production.

ChrisReid said:
Most people quite like trailers though. And games are an entirely different matter altogether. Lots of people like seeing screenshots of various parts of the game and learning about its progress as it's in production.

Dont get me wrong, I love trailers. I love seeing making of documentaries, and I love all that for games just as much as movies that I enjoy. I hate it when I buy a DVD and it doesnt have extras on it. But if I can help it, I know knowing the least about the film or game before I play it is going to mean I will enjoy it all the more.

Ed

That's you though...the point Chris was making was that most of the people who are interested in WC Saga want to see trailers, screenshots etc. It's all well and good that you don't like to see them until after you enjoy the product but that doesn't meant that everyone else is just like you. WC Saga has been quiet for quite sometime...surely there is something you could release as a more recent example?

Well I only work on the sound, I have no more authority. :)

I know some more things will be shown, including a new wallpaper, before its finished. But some things really are best left a surprise. You can forget about Saga for the time being if not a lot more is released, but when it does get finished it wont make any difference. Will people hate Saga, and refuse to play it because we didnt release enough screenshots and other such spoilers? I think not. :p

Ed

Btw: I was just trying to explain that the public may want endless spoilers, but most producers of games and films understand not to give eveything away because it will lessen the experience. In fact its usually the studios that force them to, for example, throw everything in the trailers and make show everything in the making of.

Edx said:
I know some more things will be shown, including a new wallpaper, before its finished. But some things really are best left a surprise. You can forget about Saga for the time being if not a lot more is released, but when it does get finished it wont make any difference. Will people hate Saga, and refuse to play it because we didnt release enough screenshots and other such spoilers? I think not. :p

Btw: I was just trying to explain that the public may want endless spoilers, but most producers of games and films understand not to give eveything away because it will lessen the experience.

Nobody wants any spoilers. You talk like if the Saga team is releasing way too much, when there's been practically no news on the project this year. This is what I've been saying: people like to see progress. If you're giving your fans the silent treatment for six months, lots will fade away. Most mods that go quiet end up never finishing, so people eventually stop checking in on the project. It's not that people will be refusing to play your game, it's that they won't even know when it's released.

here here well said. Progress updates can be as little as what missions have been completed. How many voice inputs you have this week little things anything. Ive stopped looking at the website its pretty much a waste of time nothing ever changes on it.

If you want to look for me im BusbyLogic on AIM

ChrisReid said:
Nobody wants any spoilers. You talk like if the Saga team is releasing way too much, when there's been practically no news on the project this year. This is what I've been saying: people like to see progress. If you're giving your fans the silent treatment for six months, lots will fade away. Most mods that go quiet end up never finishing, so people eventually stop checking in on the project. It's not that people will be refusing to play your game, it's that they won't even know when it's released.

I have to conceed you do have a valid point. I hadnt actually thought of that.

Please though, I hope you dont confuse my personal opinions here with the view of everyone involved with Saga. There is a thread in the dev forum now where this topic has been brought up. It has been noticed. Truth be told we are all very busy, not just with the mod. A lot of work is being done I assure you, but "publicity" is being neglected I agree, and I hope that will change (including the outdated website!!).

As far as I think Im allowed to say a few months ago the latested beta version caused us to decided to not release it in that state. So the work now has been on improving it drastically, bug fixing a lot, and some other really cool additions. All in all the extended time that is taking really will be worth it, but of course you guys will only know that once you get to play it.

Btw, regarding "spoilers". I have come to regard anything one views of a game before you play it (screenshots, trailers - whatever) as a "spoiler" in some way. Its that some are greater than others. :p

Ed

Yes, unfortunately, a lot of the current work has been rather "intangible" in the sense that it doesn't make a lot of impressive screenshots. However, I will say that the work being done now is significantly increasing the quality of the gameplay and immersive experience that Saga is seeking to provide. However, the Saga team is not deaf to the requests of its fans, and will try to give what it can in the ways of rewards for your patience, with the hope that you will understand that the work going on right now is to allow a quality release of the prologue relatively soon. It is my understanding (correct me if I am wrong, powers that be) that the fine-tuning being done will also allow the release of the full campaign to occur sooner after the release of the prologue than could otherwise be done.

Until then, Eder and company will provide Chapter 2 of Standoff to keep you keen on flying in the WC universe.

Back