Regarding Metras' Nephilim Thread

Penguin

Spaceman
Um lately during my last few posts to that big 500+ Nephilim thread I got some memory error screen. However my post does go through & gets put at the top of the thread. Anyways, right now, the board lists the thread with Dark Tower as the last person to post, despite my last 2 posts. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

The error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/krisvan/crius-www/zone/global.php3 on line 546

[Edited by Penguin on 11-20-2000 at 19:20]

Don't be ridiculous. Their plan is to take over the world. Nothing more, nothing less.

...By the way, who are 'they'?

I didn't reveal anything! In fact, you didn't even see me talking. It was an imposter... they're trying to frame me!

Yeah, right...its some sort of conspiracy. :rolleyes:
No wait, its true,they are making me write this non-sense post, they are comming...nooooo....
:D

Opps. Did my post help kill the thread?

Can a count that as a kill??

First person to kill a post!!!!!!!

Seriously.
Maybe there should be an Nephilim theory section or page to review all the theories of possible aline intent.

First. Thanks WildWeasel I'll do that.
Second. I just post a new measage and the board works fine except that memory problem. To cure just click back reenter password and repost and it will work fine.
Third. I guesse I can't make that thread up as a kill now can I????

Originally posted by Penguin
The error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/krisvan/crius-www/zone/global.php3 on line 546
[Edited by Penguin on 11-20-2000 at 19:20]

I got the same message the first time I posted to the new system. I don't think the last post was changed on it either. Try clearing your cache and cookies, then reloading your browser and trying it then. Also, IIRC, that error refers to a few people posting at the same time, so the server returns an error so it has time to process all the posts. Might be wrong on that, but then again, I might not care either :)

Knight: Thanks but don't worry about it. My message still got through, regardless & besides it doesn't really matter now does it? The thread's been closed. What a way to go. Imagine how long it would've gotten if none of those errors had occurred?

I get that mem prob on other threads too, but usually on the Nephilim one. If I get it, I just click 'back' then re-post. Hasn't stopped working yet.

And don't anyone close the Nephilim thread just cos of that!

(Again) Guh?

But that's not the point, a 500+ post thread must be kept in one piece! What good is the Kilrathi dreadnought, the longest WC ship so far, if it's in more than one piece? (Except for us Terrans)

Back