Red Point

Milatry

Petty Officer
Is the Red Point mod really Abandoned or is just that the people making it have to much to do and can't put in as much time to finish the mod. If it’s abandoned for good will they give out all the things that they worked on to the wing commander community. Things like the new cockpits, things like the new paint jobs on some of the fighters like the Panther and any other thing for the fans to have some fun with so they work wont go all to want will look like a waste?

When a mod is abandoned it usually means the people developing it just aren't around anymore - so there isn't anyone to give you free stuff.

That said, it also *really* shows when some other project is just a mishmash of existing materials instead of something with its own vision for art direction.

I think WCCD is Mishmash :) The only Art direction I have is trying to make a few Arena type ships look like Arena type ships ~~~ and a few newbie ships using a few existing cut n paste materials :)

The "people" working on Red Point was just one guy. Sadly he just doesn't have the time to work on modding at all anymore.

Ok but maybe after reading this and enough people agreed with me he’ll find the time to put something together.

Tango hasn't logged into Crius in several months. You should contact him directly if you want him to see this. But like was said earlier, one of the reasons you don't see stuff like this released is because it's not as useful as you think. Everything he has is set up to work with how his mod was to work. And some authors just don't want their work used to patch up holes in other mods.

I had requested Tango of the Perry Naval Station he emailed me back but I never got the Perry Navel Station (Ferragut Station). I just didn't want to do all the work for making the model haha I know there's a hi poly one in the 3d model resource, and I think I showed a low poly screenshot awhile back but I think His Perry might have been a little small to be honest . But it looked awesome in the vision engine

Well maybe in time he will sign in and see this post and think about it and maybe others that stopped making there mod’s with think about passing out there work for others to have some fun with there work. And if like ChrisReid says is true that it will only work with there modifications maybe someone else with fix it to work normally anything it possible.

Back