Red Dwarf

Percy

Spaceman
The Red Dwarf sitcom series is currently being released onto DVD over here in the UK.
Out of the 8 series, we're now on series 5 (which has just been released this week).

On the extras disc, there was a documentary about the Red Dwarf USA pilot.

Was wondering what happened to this - did people actually see it?
I was hoping to get to watch the pilot episode but it wasn't included in the DVD so if anyone knows who/how/where I could possible get to see it, let me know :)

Also - is it being released over in the States? (I've not heard of anything about a region 1 DVD release).

Red Dwarf is being released in the US - we're up to series four.

The American pilot never actually aired... this happens with lots of shows, they make pilots to shop around to networks, but they never actually end up on TV. Your best bet for finding a copy would be a bootleg tape table in the dealers room of a Sci Fi convention...

Red Dwarf is one of my favorite shows ever! :) As for the US Pilot...I don't believe I ever saw it (and I've seen every episode). I know for sure that seaons 1 and 2 have both been released here in the US, I haven't seen anything for the following seasons but I've been meaning to pick them up but just haven't gotten round to it.

I've seen the US pilot. Believe me, you don't want to see it. The whole thing made me cringe. Not even the original Kryten (Robert Llewellyn) could save it. Although I have no idea why Kryten was there in the pilot episode in the first place given that he doesn't show up until series 2 in the UK and isn't a regular character until series 3.

Back