reasonable predictions for a new WC game

For those with Ace Combat 6, is there much griping between controller players and joystick players? If there's bad blood between them, it may scare off EA from allowing us to bring our own joystick. It certainly won't stop me from buying the game, but I'd like to get some more use out of my Wingman Interceptor.

Has anyone tried plugging a USB Joystick w/ throttle into a 360 to play AC6? I know the reverse is possible.

With any one remake, would it be played from Blair's perspective or bring in a new pilot, new missions, have the same characters but different stories?

For that matter, could you talking to the other characters be expanded upon? You could change the plot in the games but how about being able to find who the traitor on the Concordia is for example? Of course for us we know it's Jazz but having to find evidence, convince Angel or Tolwyn to question this pilot, that pilot, to build a case.

And a friend of mine plugged successfully his cheap USB keyboard in the XBox.

But a question to the AC6 joystick: do you have to put it on a table to use it effectively (as mostly done with PC joysticks) or do you hold it in your hands?

The Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii all support USB keyboards for *typing*

You can't play games with them unless the game specifically is designed to use a USB keyboard

Ah thanks.
So, if the new WC is released for the XBox and supports joysticks, I'll need to change some things in my setup. But that's a small price to pay.

Maybe now EVERY box. I mean there are those of us who actually own a stick already, or bought that game for the 360 that came with a stick. For the life of me I can't remember the name...

That said, it'd be nice if those of us WITH that bundle wouldn't be forced to buy ANOTHER bundled stick.

If my option was naught but a bundled set, I'd throw down for it, I just wish I wouldn't have to.

That's kind of missing the point. The idea that came up wasn't to make a $150 Ace Combat bundle. Games like Scene It on the XBox come with four cheap extra controllers specifically designed to work with the one game they ship with. And they're the exact same price as every other game ($60). The joystick we're talking about is free. If people start complaining about that kind of pack in for some reason, they won't happen.

It would be great if they offered more than just a simple joystick. I went through quite a few Gravis Mousestick IIs and their cheap PC equivalents before upgrading to Thrustmaster sets that have lasted till today (although I don't have a machine to hook them up to).

It's probably reaching, but being able to purchase a complete set (stick, throttle, rudder pedals) and being able to use it in a new WC would be great. I remember thinking at first why would I ever need a throttle and pedals (oh the greatness of youth), but once I plugged them in I was hooked.

Granted today I use a mouse/keyboard setup because I have to, but if such a package was released I'd purchase it in a heartbeat. Hopefully, it would be considerably cheaper than my old TM setups which set me back around $450 IIRC way back when.

That's missing the point. The idea that came up wasn't to make a $150 Ace Combat bundle. Games like Scene It on the XBox come with four cheap extra controllers specifically designed to work with the one game they ship with. And they're the exact same price as every other game ($60). The joystick we're talking about is free. If people start complaining about that now, it'll never happen.

Fair point. I misunderstood you there.

Of course, that said, I THOUGHT I had written that my main reason for not wanting another peripheral is that I just don't have *space*! :p

I like the idea of a cheap bundled stick but having the option supported by the game to be able to support a more complicated controler setup.

It would be great if they offered more than just a simple joystick. I went through quite a few Gravis Mousestick IIs and their cheap PC equivalents before upgrading to Thrustmaster sets that have lasted till today (although I don't have a machine to hook them up to).

It's probably reaching, but being able to purchase a complete set (stick, throttle, rudder pedals) and being able to use it in a new WC would be great. I remember thinking at first why would I ever need a throttle and pedals (oh the greatness of youth), but once I plugged them in I was hooked.

Granted today I use a mouse/keyboard setup because I have to, but if such a package was released I'd purchase it in a heartbeat. Hopefully, it would be considerably cheaper than my old TM setups which set me back around $450 IIRC way back when.

Thrustmasters are great. All of mine still work today - even the first one I had that would be abused every time I died on the Frigate Redemption mission in X-Wing.

I'm sorry to hear none of them hook up to your system now. That sounds like a crying shame!! :D

If the CIC did it would be immediately posted on the front page with a "BREAKING NEWS" title. Until then we just do what we have always done and wait.

We're like the continuum, sitting around, saying nothing, doing little...because we've already seen enough time pass that a little more is nothing big :p

This continuum looms like a blood red full moon, high in the sky around noon...

oh I hope we escape!
learn about this game's fate,
and maybe kill Kats again soon....

Back