rare wing commander III 35mm film can

claregary

Spaceman
:) HELLO, i am in possesion of a 1994 35mm film can package , wing commander III heart of the tiger, contents are original box , film can storage tin 5 disks are various booklets,, can anyone help me as to find if these are rare,,??? i have endlessly searched the net/ebay looking for any sort of idea to its worth,, thanks

That sounds VERY valuable, did you order it directly from Origin?

Also, I don't think this was the correct place to post this, it would fit better in the General or Off-Topic forums.

The "film can" editions were special editions that also came with a t-shirt and maybe one of the Origin Audio CDs? (Sam's Club versions even came with a copy of the Fleet Action novel)

They pop up now and again on Ebay and go for a few bucks. Someone was selling them in bulk back in 2001, for about $25 a shot and I haven't see one on an online store since.

The "film can" editions were special editions that also came with a t-shirt and maybe one of the Origin Audio CDs? (Sam's Club versions even came with a copy of the Fleet Action novel)

They pop up now and again on Ebay and go for a few bucks. Someone was selling them in bulk back in 2001, for about $25 a shot and I haven't see one on an online store since.

Really? I thought they were worth a lot more than $25.

:) HELLO, i am in possesion of a 1994 35mm film can package , wing commander III heart of the tiger, contents are original box , film can storage tin 5 disks are various booklets,, can anyone help me as to find if these are rare,,??? i have endlessly searched the net/ebay looking for any sort of idea to its worth,, thanks

drooooooolllllll!

They can range anywhere from $15-75 depending on how complete they are and what condition they are in. They also came with color warbirds posters and a premiere edition t-shirt. The fifth disc is the Behind the Screens of WC3 program.

film can

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO, i am in possesion of a 1994 35mm film can package , wing commander III heart of the tiger, contents are original box , film can storage tin 5 disks are various booklets,, can anyone help me as to find if these are rare,,??? i have endlessly searched the net/ebay looking for any sort of idea to its worth,, thanks

This is the Special Edition of WC3. There are some copies on ebay. Most of them are displayed open with the contents laid beside in the picture.

The film can isn't especially valuable - it was a manufactured rarity, like a comic book with a hologram cover. Limited collectors edition of more than anyone could possibly want to buy - EA was still selling them via EA Direct three years after WC3 came out.

If you have one that's complete and in great condition it can go for around $75 - which is still less than what it cost new.

The film can isn't especially valuable - it was a manufactured rarity, like a comic book with a hologram cover. Limited collectors edition of more than anyone could possibly want to buy - EA was still selling them via EA Direct three years after WC3 came out.

If you have one that's complete and in great condition it can go for around $75 - which is still less than what it cost new.

However if your the same one who said youd bought it in a charity shop for a pound, that's quite a profit.

a bargain then

yep £1 in a charity shop, i was very interested in it,as it was in its box too, i like the can,,although there is no t-shirt ,,, i am going to probably put it on ebay,and let someone who appreciates it for what it is have the chance to own it,,

The thread has been merged into one. Next time have us move your old thread instead of remaking it.

just gathering more info on what original box contained ,, does any one have a link to them selling on origin?? i will be listing it on ebay this week as i dont know what to do with it,,

Sorry - Origin closed down about four years ago... but WC3 Premiere Edition came out in 1994, anyway, well before anyone was selling things online regularly.

I picked up the filmcan edition round about two three years after the games original release. Mine had the shirt, Disks, book, warbirds poster, and (my favorite part of the kit) a VHS copy of the Making of video from the behind the screens CD.

:) hi just to let anyone thats interested know,, this film can set is now listed on ebay,, good luck to anyone thay bids,and thanks alot for the info i recieved,

I have the film can, calendar, Origin Audio 3 cd, and Making of WC3 video tape, and outtakes of WC3, as well as the game, which I believe all came together.

Got it on sale for like $40 about 10 years ago.

I remember seeing that thing in a Sam's Club or one of those warehouse stores so many years ago. I especially wanted it back then for the t-shirt.

Back