Raptor Model

For the record, I actually don't find the gun alignment (as it is on Episode 4, I don't know how much has changed since Episode 1) on the Sabre or the Gladius to be a problem. I certainly didn't think to myself, "this is really different from my experience in WC2/Armada", when I played them. Similarly, I don't think the Epee has improved as much as some people feel it has. Granted, it has a slim profile which makes it easier to evade shots, but I'm one of those apparent few who didn't have trouble with the original Epee in WC2.

To me, only the Raptor and Hornet have an obvious difference to their gameplay from their WC1 counterparts. But I'm content to leave them as they are - as has been stated before, they are not player-flown ships in the main campaign anyway.

What about just repositioning the hardpoints in the game engine? Just fudge them a little to the center. IIRC WC1 didn't have all the gun hardpoints lined up with the models, either (viewing from an external cam). And I'm sure you could move them just a little to center without it looking incredibly strange in external cam.

What about just repositioning the hardpoints in the game engine? Just fudge them a little to the center. IIRC WC1 didn't have all the gun hardpoints lined up with the models, either (viewing from an external cam). And I'm sure you could move them just a little to center without it looking incredibly strange in external cam.

I sure wouldn't mind having both types of guns fire out of the gun barrels on the little winglets.

Try the Ep4 Hornet - this has been done. Visually, the neutron bolts seem to fire from the tips of the Hornet's canards as opposed to its gun barrels. This does make the Hornet much more playable. Looks fine from the cockpit, looks a little weird on the models. Granted, no weirder than WC1, but back then my expectations weren't what they are now. As compromises go, I'm pretty happy with this one.

They did this with the Raptor too, though the Raptor is so big, the changes don't quite save it. Still, they didn't even have to try so I gotta thank them for at least letting us experiment with it.

Back