Rapier Redux

Hmmmmm...

Hey, that's pretty cool! Any experience with sketchup or any other 3d program? You've got a pretty good eye for perspective, maybe you should give it a whirl for yourself? I always like to see what others can come up with.

I might take a crack at it sometime in the future, but you should look into doing that for yourself!

heh. I'm planning on doing a realistic-to-blueprint one pretty soon.. I figured I'd give you some inspiration on how to do one of your hybrids while I was thinking about it.

Bandit LOAF,

I stand corrected. Regardless, I assume the version in WCA was a trainer; regardless in WC1 it was a single-seater.

More on the Scimm.

Attachments

• 1051.JPG
    1051.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 322
  • 1052.JPG
    1052.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 1053.JPG
    1053.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 1054.JPG
    1054.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 281
This baby is so beautiful - excellent work on the textures, too!

Are you going to do something with your models? Like making an animation?

Wow!
There are few modelers who really produce results that are stunning and leave me staring at my screen in amazement (Howard and Scooby come to mind), but you're one of them.
Great work on that ships, they look.... natural. Believable. Not like from a video game but like you could encounter them in real life. That's what I like most about them.

Thanks guys! Couldn't sleep, but I found a way to reconcile the traditional giant wing lasers of the Hornet with the design of a lifting body.

The answer? Gun pods!

Now we can have that sleek profile for atmospheric flight, with the traditional look of the classic hornet!

The smaller guns in the fuselage have now become RCS thrusters. So I guess in keeping with the "light fighter" design, they'll only be carrying missiles for atmospheric runs.

Better to leave the heavy atmospheric attack to the Scimitars anyway.

And the tanks are still available as an option for long range recon work.

@Death Angel, I'd eventually like to do some kind of animation or short film with these, though I've got to get a lot better at some of my character work before I have anything to show off.

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 366
  • B.JPG
    B.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 218
  • C.JPG
    C.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 194
Here's a couple of mods to the Rapier, including bringing back the retractable guns & doors. Reminds me of Airwolf!

And for an especially mean looking bird, I've strapped some Hornet laser cannons onto the Rapier.

There's just something about Starfighters and long barrels that go together!

Attachments

• D.JPG
    D.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 347
  • E.JPG
    E.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 269
And finally, just for grins, here's an especially mean looking shot of the Scimitar.

Attachments

• F.JPG
    F.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 225
And a couple more shots of the Scimitar configured as a fighter without all the external ordnance. Apologies for the terrifying nose art.

Attachments

• H.JPG
    H.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 328
  • J.JPG
    J.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 251
  • G.JPG
    G.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 230
Tiger's Claw Update.

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 236
  • B.JPG
    B.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 255
  • C.JPG
    C.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 216
Great. Do you release these models in the near future like your others (Sabre, Confederation)

for a WC1 Mod i would use these ^^ Very nice.

Any ideas what is the next model?

the super wing commander 'claw' is probably my favorite of all the ships present. I'm not a real big fan complete redesigns like SWC did .. but I think they got it right with the claw. heck.. move the tower to the middle, add some winglets and it really wouldn't look all that different from the original claw either.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Appreciate it.

@Deathsnake, Unfortunately, I won't be releasing these models any time soon, I haven't "had my way" with them yet. :D

Here's the SWC claw for reference. I made mine a little "slimmer", especially to include the traditional WC1 style Claw Hangar deck.

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 450
Back