RANKS

gotcha, just wondering, personally I wouldn't mid being able to get a navy rank, Commodore Napoleon, I like that

Yeah, I modified the ranks again... Lt. Colonel and Colonel are now correct, as is General.

Brigadier General, Lieutenant General and Major General are subject to change -- as we haven't seen them in the games yet. (I'll probably change around Lt. General and Maj. General regardless, with the 'smaller' SF General tab...).

yes we have, well sort of, brigadier general is equivalent in rank to commodore, so blair's commodore rank insignia is the correct insignia for brigadier general. And what rank was paladin in wc3, he wasn't a full general was he?

No, we have now definately determined that SF and Navy ranks vary... compare Blair's bar with a line through it to Eisen's full solid bar.

Paladin was a full General.

I was just playing WC3, and the general rank does look better now. I assume General is equivelant to whatever Tolywn is in WC3 (so hard to keep his rank down, he changes it like everyday).

No, he was a Rear Admiral. Rear Admiral is a silver version of the current CZ "General" rank.

Woa hold on loaf, so tolwyn goes from a rank of full admiral to the rank of rear admiral in the period of much less than 1 year, how so. In Fleet action I got the impression that he was the highest ranking admiral (besides vance richards) after the bomb took out the joint chiefs.

Tolywn jumps around in rank all the time. He can do that he's Tolywn. It defiantly said he's done it a few times in the "Confederation Handbook"

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Tolywn jumps around in rank all the time. He can do that he's Tolywn. It defiantly said he's done it a few times in the "Confederation Handbook"

But isn't it stupid to lower your rank ?

hey, we never said Tolwyn wasn't stupid! He is a vice admiral in freedomflight, then a rear in ER and the beggining of FA then he is officially promoted to the true and active rank of full admiral then he apparently is a rear admiral then he is full then he is space marshal then he is dead, kinda interesting career

According to the handbook, Tolwyn often trades stars for combat commands -- vice and full Admirals can't be at the front.

Napoleon, it reads very funny. Then he's that and then that and then dead! And indeed it's the perfect career. Many careers in military end like that. But most don't become traitors...:)

Back