R&D in the WCFA MOD for Homeworld = HELP!!!

Hello, Newcommanderondablock here.

I have been working on the mod lately, and since i have converted all the models that are on my computer (exept for textures and turrets), i have decided to look at the research side of things.

Now, i DONT want to have the original style of research. The original is: Fighter tech, Corvette tech, capital ship tech, super capital ship tech and Misc.

I want something that is similar to real life research. Each technology fits underneath a catagory (note: that catagory can have its name changed). There are 5 catagories, 2 have 5 technologies under them and 3 have 4 underneath. There ARE more i can use but i do not know where they fit under, so i cannot use them for the moment.

I really need some ideas in what technologies should be available to research in the MOD. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated (no sarcastic comments please, i am very serious about this).

Thank you.

Newcommanderondablock

Maybe Phase Shields? Torpedos to counteract them? I really don't know anything about Homeworld or even if you could have things like that... but oh well. I gave it a shot.

Thats OK Corsair. Firstly, i just want the technology types. THEN we can worry about what techs go under what.

After posting this topic, i talked to TheOneNavedViper about some ideas. I think 3 out of the 5 technology types could be: Drives, Weapons and Electronic Systems
I cant decide to use either Armour/Shields or Chassis, then that leaves one space open.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

you can change the research tree?

I thought that was what relic put in to hinder modders, because you need to research to build ships, blah blah blah

easy!
Fighters
Engines, Sensors, Weapons, Defences, Hull Chassis
Capships
Capship Drives, Capship Sensors, Capship Weapons, Phase Shields, Capship Hulls

Easy?

NOW GO

mate, its not that easy.

Firstly, that is kind of like the Homeworld research tree anyway.
Secondly, most ships would require those in order to be researched anyway, so thats a very badly-made research tree.
Thirdly, there are 5 (five) categories, not just 2. And i do not want them to be like 'Fighter tech, Heavy fighter tech, Capital ship tech, Heavy capital ship tech...' and so on.
I want it to be UNIQUE! That is why im asking everyone to help me out here. The sooner this is done, the sooner the mod can be released. Every bit of help brings the mod closer and closer to the finish mark.

Fighters:
Additional Shields
Neutron Guns

Corvettes:
Tachyon Guns (Excalibur)
uhhh... I forgot what else,

do that.

do names relative to the products of the research.

easy?

additional shields?
More than 1 ship has Tachyons...
Neutron guns would prolly go under weapons, not fighters.

i want the research topics something like this:
Weapons, Defensive (armour/shields, structure, whatever), Drives, Electronic Equipment, etc.

no, its not easy. its quite complicated. try to figure out a way so each ship can be built by certain specifications. (english..... bah)

true, it is hard...

damn, this is hard, I'm working on a WC 3d animation and its hard to think of ote\her ppl's projects.

ok...

I think "hulls" is still required. Because you still have 2 research bigger hulls for bigger ships, and all that bullshit...

Back