Quick: Kilrathi Saga for exactly 200$. buy now!

KS generally does *not* go for more than 150 dollars -- the really, really high ones you see are the result of a group of people dedicated to ruining the particularly nasty KS seller's days (G)

Lately, they are being sold for 300+$, and reserve prices stand at 200.
I`m not suggesting it`s a very good price, but it`s a "buy it now" offer, and some people would jump at the opportunity to get it for not more than 200 bucks.

It`s still outright daylight robbery, if you ask me, but considering the prices these babies go for, it`s rather cheap.

Just bringing it to your attention.

Well lately a KS package, with excellent pix to back it up, has been sold for $165...

I'm so damn outraged I didn't have time to bid on it!! :mad::(

[Edited by mpanty on 03-12-2001 at 20:48]

No pix I assume? ;)
(and it was probably also the seller's own damn fault not to have put a reserve price on it... :rolleyes:)

I actually joined this forum just so I can ask this:
Just what is so special about the Kilrathi Saga? I have it (bought it years ago for $30), but I can't figure out why it would be worth hundreds of dollars to anyone! All 3 games can be found for much cheaper seperately. Sure, they might not be Win95 native, but KS's support is pretty iffy anyway-- my KS version of WC3 plays alright, but the movies skip so badly I have to play WC3 on Playstation if I want to watch the cinemas. So what's the big deal?

Well some people here are collectors. ie They want KS for the sake of having it.

But KS apparently has much better music quality, and although some people prefer the original MIDI soundtracks, I think I would rather enjoy playing to the new beefed up music.

If you're so ungrateful for having KS, perhaps you could give us an exclusive auction? :)

It looks to me like that copy doesn't even still have the box, or all of the extras either (like the one that went for $165 did). I think he'll be lucky to get $200 for it.

But then what would I know ? :) Its amazing what people will pay on ebay sometimes. Maybe I'm just jealous because the Aussie dollar isn't worth a sausage, and I could never afford to pay US$200. Hmm, think I might put an ad in the paper, as someone on this forum once suggested ... anyone else ever try this for KS?

I may still be able to get the Kilrathi Saga for only $25.00 US I'll try to see if the store I got it from still has it. It was a complete accident when I bought it I was looking for Wing Commander 3 and then I saw the Kilrathi Saga for the same price with all three games in it so I got that instead. I found someone who'll burn me cd 3 so I'm really happy.:)

how can people prefer the original midi tracks, 1 they sound different depending on the midi waveset that uyou have loaded, and 2 the ks music is exactly as the composer intended it to be?lol? Its like the doom mp2 files on http://www.doomworld.com
- they got the original composer to redo them as they were meant to sound - something to do with the midi wavweset he used not being the one most people heard it with so he properly remastrered the tracks and recorded them as mp2 files to overcome the problem of people having different midi wavesets.

Originally posted by Darkmage
I may still be able to get the Kilrathi Saga for only $25.00 US I'll try to see if the store I got it from still has it. It was a complete accident when I bought it I was looking for Wing Commander 3 and then I saw the Kilrathi Saga for the same price with all three games in it so I got that instead. I found someone who'll burn me cd 3 so I'm really happy.:)

If that store has it for 25 bucks I'll give you double

Midis have their own "charm". As I have 3 different sound cards on my PC, I like to listen to the differences between them and occasionally edit and change the instruments to see how good I can make them sound.

I do agree that the mp3s sound much much better.

Originally posted by Napoleon
Originally posted by Darkmage

If that store has it for 25 bucks I'll give you double

I'll give you a quadruple!!! :)p Nap)

Got my KS via local paper add as follows:

Starting new hobby, collecting computer based games made between 1990 and 1998, mostly looking for space sim games. Top dollar paid!

This add ran 2 days and I got my KS for 25 bucks! Also got a few other sim games from same add. Worked for me, might work for you too! :)

RFBurns

RFBurns wrote:

>This add ran 2 days and I got my KS for 25 bucks! Also got >a few other sim games from same add. Worked for me, might >work for you too!

Did you get just the one person call with KS? or were there others as well? I'm just thinking, that here in Australia, there is probably a little less chance of someone reading the add and owning KS as well.

However I think it might be worth the try ... I'm off to call the local newspaper :)

Ok, just a really dumb and newbie question here: How do you get the proper "quote" thing to work when you are replying to someone's specific comment and you want to include that comment.

As you might have notice I just did a cut and paste, and made a real dogs breakfast out of my last effort.

I looked in the FAQ, but I couldn't see it there.

Back