Questions About the mod

theblackwulf

Spaceman
Here you will be able to ask questions on the mod.Plus you can put your own ideas on what we should ad to it.We the team will be looking at this thread every day to see what you all will say and we will respond if we can there are alot of things in mod mod that is a suprise and will not be released till later if at all.
Blackwolf

Okay, here's an essential question: Why should I be interested?

Not to mock your project, but I know nothing about Macross, and therefore am not a fan of it. So, tell me, why should I pay attention to this SO TC for it?

Lots of them ;)

1)Will this be a simulator oriented or arcade-ish?

2)Could we use it effectively with the external view (the fun of this is to see your different configurations) or you must use it (cockpit) like any other WC game?

3)Will the position or POW of the cockpit change in the Battroid mode?

4)Will have some things from MAcross (the original series) or only from DYRL?

5)New cockpits (not the ones from the SO)?

6)It will be totally linear or we will have some ''losing end and mission path''?

7)Could we select your wingmen and your/their Valkyries?

8)What about the missiles/cannons/super versions?

9)Guess that we will fight against the Meltrandi too,right?

t.c.cgi said:

Not to mock your project, but I know nothing about Macross, and therefore am not a fan of it. So, tell me, why should I pay attention to this SO TC for it?

If you don't like something just keep it for you, but posting something like that seams quite unfair to me.

@Blackwolf
I am looking forward to see how you mod proceed and I also got a question..

- Are you able to transform the flyers during a mission or will you just start as figher or mech?

- Will there be groundmissions where you can walk around? Would be funny,,,,

- What about beam weapons?

- Multiplayer is a problem...thought about a different engine like FS2?

Since I don't mod with the engine and don't know you capabilitys in programming some stuff yourself it would be intresting to hear what you can do.

t.c.cgi said:

First let me say this, we are making this mod for us and if people like it thats cool aswell but you dont have to like it and if you dont know anything about it thats cool aswell.One of the things I like about Wing Commander is because its like Macross Thats why I bought my first wing commander game back when wc1 came out.I know Wing commander is alot differnent when it comes to fighters and that but it has some of the same backgrounds and story line.Like the Zen were bread for war Like the kalrathi you are centered around a pliot that because a legend in the universe plus other things. We are very Passionate about this mod so no matter what happens even if no one downloads it, we will because we are making it for use and anyone else that likes the project.
Thanks
Blackwolf
Firestorm Entertainment

Ghost said:
Lots of them ;)

1)Will this be a simulator oriented or arcade-ish?

{ANSWER} it will be a simulator type game with all the trimmings

2)Could we use it effectively with the external view (the fun of this is to see your different configurations) or you must use it (cockpit) like any other WC game?

{ANSWER} It will be cockpit veiw for now we are looking at all aspects to see if we can have external combat if we cant thats ok you will be able to see your wingmens fighters.

3)Will the position or POW of the cockpit change in the Battroid mode?

{ANSWER} no it will not because in Macross it does not change to. only the look of the cockpit will change

4)Will have some things from MAcross (the original series) or only from DYRL?

{ANSWER} Only DYRL and flashback 2012

5)New cockpits (not the ones from the SO)?

{ANSWER} Yes we are working on new cockpits for evey type of VF fighter you will be able to fly

6)It will be totally linear or we will have some ''losing end and mission path''?

{ANSWER} There will be some losing mission paths

7)Could we select your wingmen and your/their Valkyries?

{ANSWER} You will be able to choose your fighter but will not be able to choose your wingman and your wingmans fighter at this time

8)What about the missiles/cannons/super versions?

{ANSWER} yes we are putting in all the missiles,cannons and super fighters and that in the mod.

9)Guess that we will fight against the Meltrandi too,right?

{ANSWER} Yes you will fight both the Zen and the Meltrandi in the range of 50 missions

Hope this helps you if you have any more just post and either myself or anothewr member of the team will answer your questions.
Blackwolf
Firestorm Entertainment

gevatter Lars said:
If you don't like something just keep it for you, but posting something like that seams quite unfair to me.

Lars, considering how you posted "Ignore LOAF, he's an 'mod unexperienced' person" under an anonymous screen name, let's just say I'm considering your post a little suspect.

But do you Macross mod guys have any experience in this sort of thing? I mean, I'm a big fan of Macross myself (for example, it'll be easy to adapt swarmer missiles for micromissiles), but have you guys considered music? Voice acting? The mission script? Trying to write the mission script? Trying to make your mission script not suck? Trying to get knowledge of the SO tools? The fact that some people of your team will be total dicks? The fact that school/college is going to mess up your schedules and your teammates are going to say "School comes first before everything else!!!". Or what about teenage mission makers who always looks down upon everyone else, always bitches about other people's voice acting, and treats everyone like shit (in case of WC Saga)? Etc etc? The little things that makes mod making a pain in the ass.

psych
Fucktard Entertainment

@ psych

But do you Macross mod guys have any experience in this sort of thing?

Me peronaly have alot of moding experience I have 2 mods under my belt on Jedi outcast called Saberist mod1.0 and 1.2 plus moding in Starlancer,Quake3 also beta tested alot of retail games and help HCI with the WC5 hirez. Im a 27 year old and went to collage for programing.plus i work at home with no life lol.
as for the other we do have some moders from the macross homeworld mod.

have you guys considered music?
Yes we have almost all the music from the movie and ill be making some more later.

Voice acting? The mission script?
the voice acting will be later on in the mod .And the mission scripts are going to be made by me and Startos i talk with UE Pedro and q alot for advice and I feel like I can to a good job on them.

Trying to get knowledge of the SO tools?

Yes we have all the so tools plus making new ones. all will be shown in due time.

I picked the team very carfully and make sure we meet twice a week for a meeting to talk about the mod if anything comes up other people and myself will work on there side while he/she is away.

In last we will treat people like how we wanted to be treated with kindness.
Blackwolf
Firestorm Entertainment

That's cool and all and I really wish you guys the best, but I'm really puzzled about why you guys are setting up roots here on the CIC. Wouldn't you guys be better off doing this at an anime forum or such? I remembered that DBZ game mod a while back and there was more traffic coming from actual DBZ forums then the Quake forums. It got a lot more hype cause the DBZ fans loved it more. In addition, there's some Macross fans in the WC fan community, but the WC fan community isn't all Macross fans.

For example, there might be Wing Commander fans in the Freespace 2 community, but the Freespace 2 community aren't all WC fans, as evidenced by this .

psych
Fucktard Entertainment

gevatter Lars said:
@Blackwolf
I am looking forward to see how you mod proceed and I also got a question..

- Are you able to transform the flyers during a mission or will you just start as figher or mech?

{ANSWER} we are working on making the transformation in the missions to make it more like the anime.

- Will there be groundmissions where you can walk around? Would be funny,,,,

{ANSWER} Im afraid not most of the missions will be in space since the movie DYRL is mostly in space aswell

- What about beam weapons?
ASNWER} Yes we are going to but in some of the beam grafics for the weapons.

- Multiplayer is a problem...thought about a different engine like FS2?
{ANSWER}well i like how WCP is made and with the ready room and all i didnt like alot of thing about FS2.

Hope this helps, keep up with the questions all
Blackwolf

Lars, considering how you posted "Ignore LOAF, he's an 'mod unexperienced' person" under an anonymous screen name, let's just say I'm considering your post a little suspect.

Lets just say I have enough of these mocks who are pointing at you, calling you and idiot without ever played the mod. Beeing involved in moding and knowing how hard it can be its just something fair not to point at someone only because I don't like his nose.

The posting at LOAF was without my name because I posted befor login in....I have spoken with LOAF about the reasons...lets just say I have taken my right to overreact as some people here do as well without even get a warning ( I was banned instead).

-----------------------------------------------

Back to topic

Beam weapons:
Well if you got any pictures of that I would like to see them...can't imagine beams in a WC engine.

50 missions:
Wow thats quite a lot...I have got problems with making just about 20-30 that are intresting...but 50 :eek: if you can make 50 realy intresting mission you got my respect for sure. :D

Will there be a alpha/beta testing outside of your team?
For this I would try to get my copy of SO back running...never tried it on this PC.

About FS2:
Well I think there where some people doing a FS2 based mod...but I don't know what happend to them, maybe you can look around at HLP. If they got allready some models that could save you some work.
Just an idea.

gevatter Lars said:
50 missions:
Wow thats quite a lot...I have got problems with making just about 20-30 that are intresting...but 50 :eek: if you can make 50 realy intresting mission you got my respect for sure.

Yes its very hard but I have some great ideas like the mission im designing now your in a training VF1a with no weapons and while your training in a very dence astroid belt enemies come in and try to kill you you will have to dodge and evade alot of enemies till you back up arrrives buy using the map as your advantage..
Blackwolf

P.S.
When we put in the Beams ill post on the screenshots thread.

Thanks for the answer blackwolf. Since you put it that way I'll have to check it out when you get done. And Lars, nothing personal, but if you don't understand the language, don't be an arse in it.

gevatter Lars said:
Beam weapons:
Well if you got any pictures of that I would like to see them...can't imagine beams in a WC engine.
Well, this would actually be one of the less difficult problems that this project will need to overcome. There was a lot of research done in this area when KillerWave was working on his B5 mod (example one, example two).

Hey that screens look promising..still looking a little bit strange, but to get a quite good result should be only a matter of time. Maybe an inner glowlight could do something good.

Beside that...will you also take over the light of SO...I would like a more darker universe. WCP seams to be to pale to me..well thats my taste and just a simple question if its possible.

Quarto said:
Well, this would actually be one of the less difficult problems that this project will need to overcome. There was a lot of research done in this area when KillerWave was working on his B5 mod (example one, example two).

Is it the Byydo method of turning the fire delay down to zero?

My question would be: Why did you pick such a crappy engine to mod?

There's plenty of other game engines out there you could use to mod, but you picked an antiquated one. Why?

How does one reply to a user that doesn't exist and also doesn't have a post count?

While I wouldn't go as far as our good "anonymous" friend here, I'll admit the FS2 engine is probably more moddable. Of course, you'd probably reach a smaller audience than SO, since SO is free and the FS2 download is of dubious legality (unless that Fileplanet thing goes through). Also, you wouldn't be able to use nav points.

I for one am glad there's renewed interest in the Vision engine.

Back