questions about other famous SFX film ...

Rie

Commodore
Hello, you all !!!
( Could I call you all - especially those people who posts thread - Pal ? ... ^o^ ... )

... Always sorry for my foreign plain English ...

Anyway , yesterday a new question was emerged ...

Until now , my about all theme & all era most favorite state of the art filmed movie
is still the one of the very famous - " STAR WARS episode IV - A New Hope " ...

But, the - " STAR WARS episode VI - Return of the Jedi " ,
some scenes are somewhat ... somewhat ... ... ? ...

[ Q - 1 ] Why a Millenium Falcon and X-Wing Fighters go into a New Death Star ... ? ...
( Please my Pals , tell me the assumptions about this curiosity ... )

... My assumption ? ... well ... may be SFX CGs about A-Wings and other Light-Weighted
( but almost same - or 90 % ? - speed that of X-Wings , might be somewhat slower than Y-Wings ... ? ... )
star Fighters were at that time didn't fully available ...
( May be because Graphic WorkStations of that era were slower than middle 1990 s' ... ? ... )

[ Q - 2 ] Were Mr Han's previous coureer really Regular Captain-like-rank of the Empire ?

... I read some articles about this somewhat ... matter ...

Rie said:
Hello, you all !!!

First off, we welcome any non-native-english speakers (and typers) here as long as they make an effort to communicate clearly. While you may not have mastered the english language, so far I think it's fairly evident that you are really trying.

Second, Please try to keep all non Wing Commander threads in the Off-topic zone.

Until now , my about all theme & all era most favorite state of the art filmed movie

[ Q - 1 ] Why a Millenium Falcon and X-Wing Fighters go into a New Death Star ... ? ...

... My assumption ? ... well ... may be SFX CGs about A-Wings and other Light-Weighted
( but almost same - or 90 % ? - speed that of X-Wings , might be somewhat slower than Y-Wings ... ? ... )
( May be because Graphic WorkStations of that era were slower than middle 1990 s' ... ? ... )

I'm not sure what you are asking. I don't know why Lucas decided to use x-wings instead of a smaller a-wing. That is a question that you might want to ask a Star Wars forum. However I do know that, at least in Return of the Jedi it has nothing to do with computing power and CGI limitations of the time. All the ships in ROTJ are physical models. (with the exception of some of the stuff added in the special edition)

Rie said:

[ Q - 2 ] Were Mr Han's previous coureer really Regular Captain-like-rank of the Empire ?

Answer for question 1: They needed speed for the assualt. The y-wing and x-wing carry the same armament of torpedos. If you watch the movie...they almost don't make it out of the explosion.

Answer for question 2: Han Solo was always a SMUGGLER. You are probably mixing him up with Kyle Katarn (Dark Forces and Jedi Knight games) who was a captain in the Empire before he turned merc.

Rie said:
Hello, you all !!!
( Could I call you all - especially those people who posts thread - Pal ? ... ^o^ ... )

1. X-Wings are slower and Y-wings more so but presumably whoever could get through went into the Death Star.

2. I also seem to remember Han Solo having some connections with the Empire, possibly as a cadet. Maybe they just mentioned that he had planned on doing that.

If I remember right the rebels needed to get torpedo's into the death star's core, and since the A-wing doesnt have room for torpedo's they had to use the X-wings.
....as for why they let that huge ol' falcon in there is beyond me.

Han solo was an Officer in the Imperial Army, he decides to deny the Empire when they kidnapp and torture a wookie. He saved Chewbacca and escaped with him becoming a fugitive. And the only way to live for a fugitive is smuggling...

Venom said:
Han solo was an Officer in the Imperial Army, he decides to deny the Empire when they kidnapp and torture a wookie. He saved Chewbacca and escaped with him becoming a fugitive. And the only way to live for a fugitive is smuggling...

Different sources have different theories.

The one novel I had read (I forget which one, there are so many) listed Solo as an Imperial Lieutenant in the Imperial Navy, and was assigned to Kashyyyk. Which is where he met Chewie, and went AWOL.

Back