Question for all you Wing Commander nuts

Busu

Spaceman
What I am wondering, is since there are no more WC games... is there a game that is fairly recent that comes close? Flying missions is cool and all, but I want something that has a plot I can sink my teeth into. So in conclusion, something like WC except recently made.

If it actually makes it out then, I'll be happy to see it. Now if they delay it again...:sigh: I'll be aggrivated. But from what LOAF said of the game, sounds like they may actually make their deadline this time!

Freelancer, the spiritual successor to the Privateer series will be out next month!

Spiritual? It's gonna be everything Privateer was back in it's day and 100x more. It's going to be the game of the year.

No, it is slated and is going to ship in March most game sites have beta version..it is almost there.

No joystick...

hefty system requirements...

five years in the making...

it sure would freak any Lancer to see it actually come out.

Yeah, I read a bit about Freelancer, and the no joystick option kinda frightens me. But, if its like Privateer, I might have to give it a shot. Neverp layed much of Privateer 2, but I liked Privateer 1.

Originally posted by Busu
Yeah, I read a bit about Freelancer, and the no joystick option kinda frightens me. But, if its like Privateer, I might have to give it a shot. Neverp layed much of Privateer 2, but I liked Privateer 1.

Hey-o. It is a *lot* like Privateer, and the no joystick option plays a lot better than it sounds... you should definately give Freelancer a shot.

Minimals are 700mhz and 128mb, 32 or 64mb video card. But I've heard that it's a really flexible engine and that they've tested the game for 10 hours straight without any lag or hitch.

Hey-o. It is a *lot* like Privateer, and the no joystick option plays a lot better than it sounds... you should definately give Freelancer a shot.

So it's an option? I can play with a joystick if I want?

Originally posted by T8H3X11
Minimals are 700mhz and 128mb, 32 or 64mb video card. But I've heard that it's a really flexible engine and that they've tested the game for 10 hours straight without any lag or hitch.

The problem is the video card. Hell, I have a new Athlon 2400, but even most of my 350 Mhz PII games are sometimes jerky because of this &%$"§%damn Geforce 4 MX video card.
I wonder how Freelancer will run on my system?

Originally posted by Concordia_FP
So it's an option? I can play with a joystick if I want?

No.

It's merely that you get either the full mousefly option, which means that acceleration of mouse and movement of mouse determine the speed with which you turn in a direction... or you use WASD to maneuver, and then use the mouse just for HUD interaction and targeting... with the option for more fine control with the mousefly, from the Avault and other previews I've seen.

Basically, no more typing 'T' to target someone then the block-quote keys to find the right target. I can live with that. :D

Back