Question about the language barrier?

I was wondering I have noticed that many who visit these boards are from diferent areas of the world and that different languages are spoken here and there depending where you are. My question is how are we getting over the langauge barrier on these boards? Now I know I have seen people like Popsical Pete and Quarto mention they were able to speak more than one language so that explains abit but are all the people on this board typing in english to respond or are my messages which are english translated into your native languages. then the same in reverse when I read the posts?

Some people here can [universal translator off].hablar uno o mas idiomas, yo aprendi ingles con la PC y un poco en la escuela, asi que dentro de todo me manejo bien [universal translator on] so i don´t have too much problem here

thanks for the info Ghost it Explains alot (I figured a universal translator but wasn't sure.) But now I have no clue what you said while it was off.:D Btw I have seen a few people bash you for being to hard on newbies I'd like to say I have found you as a cool and informative person Ghost.:D

You'll know when something's been run through a translator. Maybe not on this board, but generally speaking. <G>

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
thanks for the info Ghost it Explains alot (I figured a universal translator but wasn't sure.) But now I have no clue what you said while it was off.:D Btw I have seen a few people bash you for being to hard on newbies I'd like to say I have found you as a cool and informative person Ghost.:D
Ghost was making fun of you... :) even if some people here make spelling and grammar mistakes, their language is still a thousand times better than what would come out of any of those universal transator things. Everybody at this board speaks English. Therefore, there is no language barrier between the people here.

Originally posted by KrisV
You'll know when something's been run through a translator.

Go babelfish!

Thank the info ghost it explains alot (I appear one universal translator but do not affirm. What) but do I now do not have clue you to say when it close. Btw i looks some people attack you for are to difficultly in me hope said newbies I discovered you took one cool and the information person ghost.

That's a seriously messed up translation of what I said. As for people making fun of me I got over that petty crap when I quit school so. Since he was making fun of me I do take back my complement, But still don't give a real crap about it because making fun of people is what unintellegent people or should I say immature people have to do to get a laugh. :) (just because I can't spell doesn't mean I'm not smart. It just means that I don't have the time to sit here and think how to spell a word)

You cannot change the laws of physics! The language barrier will never be broken!

I wish I was multilingual... like my parents. Best I can manage is a couple of lines of Mauritian créole (French) I picked up over the years from the rest of my (extended) family and counting in Chinese (Mandarin), French, and German. And a few other useless bits and pieces.

Back