"Q: What is Conquest: Frontier Wars?"

Yeah ok Loaf but i am almost sure that wc IV sold heaps better than wcIII.
Because that was the time when wc was really famous!!
And as i read in the gaming magazines of that time (still got the review of armada and a comparison article between tie fighter and armada)WcIV was extreemly hyped!!

It is i know it is in my dreams wc rocks the house !!
Therefore i am right. It just happens in a different dimension!!

WC IV was for more expensive that WC III, it sold more, true but not enough to make a profit...
Origin is dead, sorry but its true, UO is the only game that have any kind of develement now.
Am for how long?
Chris Roberts was the engine behind WC universe, he left, it sinked, true he gone over the budget with WC IV but most belive that it was the best WC game ever, WC P due to scripts cuts feels ...unfinished, at least for me it does.

I like WCIV, but I certainly don't think it's the best WC ever... too much movie, too little game for my tastes. WCP is probably my favorite, that or WCSO.

Originally posted by Dragon
WC IV was for more expensive that WC III, it sold more, true but not enough to make a profit...
Origin is dead, sorry but its true, UO is the only game that have any kind of develement now.
Am for how long?
Chris Roberts was the engine behind WC universe, he left, it sinked, true he gone over the budget with WC IV but most belive that it was the best WC game ever, WC P due to scripts cuts feels ...unfinished, at least for me it does.

And now, math fun with Doctor Lesnick.

Can you count to eight? Because the above quote includes eight things that aren't true!

My statement only includes *one* thing that isn't true.

It's the one about me being a doctor.

What things are wrong LOAF?
WC IV was more expensive that WC III, that I *know* that is true, Origin is only working in UO, I never heard anything about any other project being develeped by Origin.
If WC IV sold more units that WC III, I really dont know.

An analysis...

: WC IV was for more expensive that WC III

TRUE

: it sold more

FALSE

: true but not enough to make a profit...

TRUE

: Origin is dead,

FALSE

: sorry but its true, UO is the only game that have any kind of develement now.

FALSE

: Am for how long? Chris Roberts was the engine behind WC universe,

FALSE

: he left,

FALSE

: it sinked,

FALSE

: true he gone over the budget with WC IV but most belive that it was the best WC game ever,

FALSE

: WC P due to scripts cuts feels ...unfinished,

FALSE

: at least for me it does.

TRUE

LOAF I used the CIC poll (true it was from memory, I could be wrong) in there WC IV was the most voted game, I said that "WC P feels unfinished, at least for me" in my own regard, it is my personal view of WC P, seeing that you said that the WC P scrip was subjected to several cuts, I now understand why it feels unfinished for me.
As for Chris Roberts being the engine, well he was the one that had the name on the game box, and after he left WC P and SO were the only WC produts that were made, its my view that Chris always lobby for Wing Commander, with him gone....with WC P sales being not what EA wanted (I am also taking this info from my memory)....
Origin is only working on UO, if you can name a project that its working on....well I am wrong, saying that its working on a top secret project is not a anwer in my view.

"Most" people would imply that the majority of people like Wing Commander IV best -- which is just not true, since the *majority* of people voted for something other than Wing Commander IV. Of course, CIC polls aren't spectacularly accurate... especially the old ones, where you could vote as many times as you wanted. :)

Yes, Chris Robets' name was on the WC boxes... and it was on the StarLancer box, too. This doesn't mean he was the reason it was so succesful. Wing Commander has always been an amalgamation of the efforts of a group of very, very talented people. WC1 would be nowhere without people like Dennis Loubet or Warren Spector...

WCP sold well enough for EA to risk giving away the sequel for free. Consider that.

I can't name a project to you. But they have development teams working on unannounced projects. As they have for years and years. Oh, wait, projects don't exist before they're annoucned... because... uhm, enlighten me on that bit? I just don't have the same level of understanding regarding stupid illogical non-sensical comments as you do. :)

Alright everyone, take a deep breath

*breeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaathhhhhhhhhhhh...*

and release. There, are we all friends again?

What? He admitted a fault? Why is that arrogant? :)

Hmm... and why does that second sentance have a ? on it :(

TC

Fine! But then you have to agree to stop showing off your Mr. Kat! Pfft... he can't be that good, he's not even a Dr. :(

TC

But I didn't shut up :( You should know better than that, Hades. I never shut up.

TC

Ah, but it stopped you asking Cadfael more questions!
And yeah, its true that you never shut up. Where as I now need to go work.

They were *rhetorical* questions. He doesn't need to answer them.

Do *you* know what rhetorical means?

TC

Originally posted by Cadfael
That's way too arrogant LOAF!

You know, it would seem to me that you are telling an administrator what he can and cannot do at his own board -- do you think this is a *wise* thing to do?

Back