q: priv gold gemini

miccom

Spaceman
hi,
and first: thanks for this great priv gold gemini projekt! :)

i have to questions:

i installed priv under w2k and it seems everything works fine. k think i have to buy a joystick because i´m not so good to handle the game with my keyboard/mouse but thats not the problem.

1. i startet a patrol and a bounty misson in troy to get some cash. the patrol misson works fine, but the misson to eliminate a talon ship at "jump point war" was not possible to complete. a merchant or mayby a hunter killed the talon, i only realised this while i heart a "explosion-sound" in the auto-fly mode to war. after that i get a transmisson from the merchant/hunter that he killed one...
back on mining base the misson was still open and i get two new missons: bounty at war and patrol troy -> same thing as above...
after that i only could get one new misson and so i made a patrol misson in troy again and tried to complete the bounty by visiting war serveral times and suddenly the mission gets completed!

one thing more to point 1: i received the merchant/hunter message very late after the "explosion-sound" and i think my pc is fast enough so it was a little bit strange.

2. while i had the 2 uncompleted missons on my nav-screen i could not see the whole third misson (the patrol in troy) on my screen so i had to guess which nav-points are still misssing.

ps.: sorry for my bad english, i´m austrian ;)

I had the same problem. The Tarsus just isn't fast enough. a Centurion and a couple proton torpedos and I can just barely save the ship. Although my sucess rate is 2 out of 5 so far. Either we need to show up closer or the merchant needs better sheilds :)

no, u missunderstud me!

not the merchant gets killed - the merchant killed the talon!

I'm not sure about point 1 on your list, but point two ist ganz leicht. All you've got to do while looking at your objectives is push the page down button. It then scrolls through everything you've got on your list.

thanks, point 2 is cleared :)

to point 1:
i cant complete the misson because the talon ship allready gets destroyed by another one...

new point 3:
i just got a mission in troy to help a merchant against 2 pirates. with Y (on a german keyboard Z) i can pick up the merchant as target but not the two pirate ships. :(

Y picks whatever is directly in front of you, use either T or H. T will cycle through all possible non-natural targets, and H cycles through the hostile ones. Of course they have to be in your radar's range.

yeah the are in my radar range, the shoot on me! but i can pickup them and i´m also cant see them on the radar. i only see the merchant wich i have to protect...

i just tried this out in my original privateer (i emulate dos with dosbox) and here it works...

Doesn't matter who destroys the talon: once it happens, the mission is over. If the mission is not over, it hasn't been destroyed.

Bounty targets will sometimes flee and go through the jump point. Your target is probably in the War system or somewhere beyond. The message from the merchant came from him destroying another Talon.

hmm... i think a patch will solve ur problem if it hasn't been yet.

(tip: triple patrol missions in the same system are best for earning money)

(killin ships without locking them as targets is more funny...)

MamiyaOtaru said:
Doesn't matter who destroys the talon: once it happens, the mission is over. If the mission is not over, it hasn't been destroyed.

Bounty targets will sometimes flee and go through the jump point. Your target is probably in the War system or somewhere beyond. The message from the merchant came from him destroying another Talon.

now i think so too, because i saw them flee... the only was that i had no jump drive :D

thanks, i think all problems are solved!

Back