Python eat Croc

Neg...it's a croc...or at least if I remember right, that was the backstory to the movie. I remember when the Discovery channel did a mock up of who would win between a Great White shark and a Crocodile if such a fight were possible. Now there's a fight I'd like to see (but from a distance). :)

It would definitely be very possible if both critters were not fed for a week and thrown together in the same tank. Though I guess there's the problem with great whites not living very long in captivity.

What was the Discovery Channel verdict?

Odds and ends, but unvariably the definite truth about the alligator/python match are reported here, while the fate of campers and their happyness regarding alligator visits is undisputedly questionable.

[Caution, folks, don't follow the links while thinking about food]

I would favor a full sized alligator in a match against a python. I may be wrong but I would probably pick the gator to win. I still would like to see an actual match between the great white and the alligator though...the gator might give it a run for it's money.

[edit] Actually, screw what I had posted in here before. The point is that those snakes are friggin huge, and if one gets wrapped around a gator, it doesn't matter how scary he is, there's not much left for him.

McGruff said:
But I thought it was giant landlocked New England crocs that could eat a bear in one gulp? If I were a croc though I would forget about bears and chase something yummier like Meredith Salenger.

So where ya at neighbor? If everything goes according to plan, I should be moving into a place on N. 14th this weekend.

Any relation to Ptarmigan?

Well the more often a croc gets et' by a python, the better the odds that the event in question will happen on Happy Camper's birthday.

Quails and ptarmigans are related to each other. They are in the same family as chicken, grouse, turkey, partridge, and pheasant.

Ptarmigan said:
Quails and ptarmigans are related to each other. They are in the same family as chicken, grouse, turkey, partridge, and pheasant.

I don't think I've heard about this one before... Does anyone have a good picture?

great white(duh) a grouse is not a bird of prey. (maybe an osprey could inflict a little damage to a great white)

McGruff said:
But what would win, a grouse or a great white?

On land? or in the water? Cause on land (if grouse like the taste of shark eyes) the bird could simply hop around and peck it to death. Is this becoming a versus thread?:eek:

Thanks for the link! These pics are just great!
ptarmiganmove.gif
grouse.jpg

Dyret said:
Thanks for the link! These pics are just great!
ptarmiganmove.gif
grouse.jpg

I take you want to eat a ptarmigan and grouse. After all they do say that ptarmigans are very tasty and easy to kill. You can just pick them up and wring their necks.
:eek: :eek:

I had a look at the site which critical mass referred regarding the happy campers. story was false but the pictures I swear could have fooled me.
I have only heard of a python/anaconda "swallowing/eating" a whole man a long time ago in South East Asia, I remember seeing a photo of it. It was in 1995, I cannot remember which country but I remember seeing in the local newspaper and then seeing the picture again in colour as the first time I saw was black and white. Damn I'm staying away from any jungle infested places.....
Me thinks those Great Whites might have met their match......

Does anyone have any recollection of a python/anaconda eating/swallowing a man around 1995? That was the year I remember and could not recall any such information

Back