"Protect Midway" mission error

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
I was playing Prophecy today on Disk 3 and the mission where you protect the Midway for testing the Plasma Weapon doesnt work for me! I get the movie of the ship being loading into the docking bay, downloading the mission data, then theres a split second where I see the cockpit HUD and then the "Your Carrier was Destroyed" message! WHAT GIVES?!?!

Try to do the mission 6 or 7 of the Simulator !!!
The error is because in previous missions your Midway has great damage.

Oddly, that is the 'fix' for this error... play mission 7 in the simulator, then fly the mission. It should work fine after that.

Thats freaking weird! It works fine now, thanks! :)

What causes the error? I know thats a bug but... :p

No, its not the simulator, i had this problem before, most likely that the plasma gun on the Midway was destroyed in your previous mission...retry that last mission and make sure the plasma gun doesnt get destroyed. ;)

Actually Killerwave, the sim does fix it :) The problem is a corrupt autosave file. The two fixes are playing mission 6 or 7 in the sim, or deleting the autosave file.

TC

Well, replayng the previous mission worked out for me...
;)I think i actually never played missions 6 and 7 of the simulator, but im not sure...long time since i played WCP, plus i dont have it with me right now.

I was also shocked when I had it the 1st time. I began all missions new. How dumb...today I know how to fight it. But it's unlogical a simulator mission lets a damaged ship become new.:)

I believe that's because in simulator mission 6 and 7 you start out with a fully intact Midway. Damage taken in one mission carries over to the next. And missions 6 and 7 reset the carrier's state. Or such.

But it is and stays unlogical in such a game, which wants to present itself 'real'. *g*
Not that I'd have much against it....:)

Originally posted by Silent Warrior
Eh... Wyrd. Doesn't this file, and this alone, keep your progress? So, when you remove it and don't have a manual save...?

That's all the more reason to save your game more often.

Back