Proposal: Alternate timeline story.

Expendable said:
t.c.cgi: As I recall, behemoth was already on the way, as a "stealth dreadnought armored against medium yield anti-matter weapons". That would be icing on the cake for a full strength Confederation Fleet. And for that later post, what if Thrakhath tells Baron Jukaga where he can put his armistice, as it violates the Kilrathi pride and so on...

That's what I meant, only I didn't feel like going into details. Many of the Kilrathi present at the meeting were close to gutting the Baron for simply implying the Kilrathi could ever offer an armistice. If Thrakath refused to hear him out, as opposed to what actually happened, that tiny decision would probably also result in the Baron being torn to kitty ribons the second he left the room, and the war would continue on...

EDIT: Back on the "if Hunter survives," that would also mean Karga (I think that was his name... the Kilrathi sworn to serve Hunter, anyway) doesn't commit ritual suicide. If Karga is still around, who needs Hobbes. I always thought that cat was funny as heck.

t.c.cgi said:
EDIT: Back on the "if Hunter survives," that would also mean Karga (I think that was his name... the Kilrathi sworn to serve Hunter, anyway) doesn't commit ritual suicide. If Karga is still around, who needs Hobbes. I always thought that cat was funny as heck.
Kirha. Karga is one of the Hakagas :p.

Karga is also a Kilrathi hero.

Quarto: I agree about Hobbes. But it still would have been cool to see Hobbes lead a wing against Thrakhath...

As for the armistice, Jukaga could have been discounted by either another Kilrathi assault or the fact that he wasn't the Emperor or Thrakhath, who are the real power in Kilrah.

After all, Jukaga was disgraced, and it was the Emperor who told Confed "no Confed ships in Kilrathi space or we go to war".

But, it would probably be easier to have Jukaga either defect or be cut to shreds by a claw dagger.

Death said:
While there's not a lot of solid information available on the Omega dreadnaught, it is known that it isn't the Behemoth. The Omega was to be an entire class of ships, and a true dreadnaught, whereas the Behemoth is a one-shot special ship, and decidedly not a dreadnaught (laser turrets are the only armament besides the main gun, which IIRC isn't very practical for targeting ships, if the firing sequence scene in the Loki IV test shot is any indication), let alone not very stealthy.

I would envision that the Omega is to the Behemoth as the Confederation class is to the Sivar--that is to say, the Behemoth is the prototype mega-weapon only suitable for blasting stationary targets while the Omega would have a scaled-back version adapted for blowing up capital ships. We do know that the Behemoth was incredibly rushed (thus the lack of decent shields and turrets), and it being a prototype would match with this.

Back