Prophecy @ widescreen?

Mech77

Spaceman
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forums and still a good old WC-fan. I decided to play WCP again since years so I've found your site to get WCP running under WIN7 Ultimate x64.

So I've modded it with the download resources you have here and installed OpenGLsetup.exe.

I only didn't change the videos to the HQ ones, because I'm playing the german version and I want to keep the videos in german.

The game runs fine in full HD res, but it runs still in 4:3 with boxes left and right.

So here's my question: is there any possibility to set the game in fullscreen 16:9? Maybe I didn't see something important? Checked all cfg's and found nothing. Also I did a forum search and didn't find anything belonging to this either.

Maybe it's too easy to set the game in fullscreen 16:9... :D

Anyway, thx for your help and greetings!

Last edited:
Hi ! WCP was designed as a 4:3 game; back then widescreen monitors were oddities, not the norm. There is no way to have it run in widescreen.

We did make our mod Standoff support widescreen to some extent, but it required lots of tweeking of the game assets.

Hey! Thanks for your reply. Ok, no problem then. I will just continue play in 4:3 - the game is still great.

Back