Prophecy Secret Ops

Dahan

Rear Admiral
Many years ago I have a copy of Prophecy Gold Edition twice and both times I have lost the Secret Ops mission disc.
I have tried looking on eBay, Amazon and every other site I could find and there is nowhere I could get a copy of Secret Ops. Is there anywhere or anyone I could download/copy a copy of Secret Ops or something??

ChrisReid said:
How the hell did you lose it twice?
yeah thats what I was thinking

but then again, I've never been able find my copies of Subwar 2050, XF-5700 Mantis, and Wings of Glory... :(

Interesting. (edited) appears to have legit downloadable copies of the episodes. That is, unless they never got permission for redistribution. Seems odd for such a large game site, though.

Personally, I'd love to find DOS copies of the WC1 Secret Missions. I got the KS:Saga ones working well enough, but the LCD screen cuts off part of the screen. (After years of having the PC Gamer CD, the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit has finally made it possible to *play* these games only to find that modern LCDs can't support the 320x200 res.) With the DOS copies, I can play in DOSBox and finally catch up on that small piece of Wing Commander history I've been missing on.

Interestingly, I did find the core WC1 game for DOS, which was good. I was afraid that I was going to have to scare up a floppy drive to read my 3.5" disks. (A shaky proposition for 13 year old disks!) Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone who has the SM files. I'd happily call the phone number in the WC nag screen, but something tells me it doesn't work anymore. :rolleyes:

To WC1: Not all LCDs have got probs with 320x240 res. (My own can show that res without probs, btw) - I can't remember who it was, but someone here said, that he/she tests WC1 with the LCD he/she is interested in before actually buying it ;)
And you can always find a DOS-copy of WC1 SM1/2 at ebay or similar sites ;)

KrisV said:
No, those aren't "legitimate" downloads.

Well, excuse me then. If they're not authorized for that material, then someone should probably tell Gamespot that they're unintentionally dealing in warez.

And you can always find a DOS-copy of WC1 SM1/2 at ebay or similar sites

If only I had a 3.5" floppy drive... :)

It's too bad that you can't just copy the SM files from Saga.

I too would fine it odd for such a large site like Gamespot to not have permission for those downloads. More than likely, however, EA isn't too worried about folks downloading Wing Commander: Secret Ops due to the fact that they probably aren't making money off of it any longer. Either that, or Gamespot never removed the episodes once the official distribution stopped (if third parties were even allowed to distribute them; I'm not sure).

Oh, and the original DOS versions of The Secret Missions and The Secret Missions 2 can also be bought at http://www.half.com (that's where I got my perfect condition copies, with the boxes and manuals :)).

And if you don't have a 3.5" floppy drive, buy an external one for cheap from somewhere like http://www.ebay.com or http://www.newegg.com.

THE_WUQKED said:
Then just get the Deluxe CD Version like I did via ebay.

I didn't even know such a thing existed! You rule! :) Not to mention that this will also replace the WCII CD I never got back from a friend so long ago...

- Anyway: A Floppy drive costs only 5$ or even less nowadays, and imho wc is def. worth it ;)

Ehh... I'll get back to you on that one. Trust me, I REALLY hate floppy drives. Besides, I try not to mess with my system's config any more than necessary. It always ends up in *something* in Windows not working as before, and my wife is always the first one to spot it. ;)

THE_WUQKED said:
To WC1: Not all LCDs have got probs with 320x240 res. (My own can show that res without probs, btw) - I can't remember who it was, but someone here said, that he/she tests WC1 with the LCD he/she is interested in before actually buying it ;)

That would have been me...
After being told that the MINUMUM resolution of the TFT in question was 800x600 I was definitely demanding to test it on lower ones. Would have been kinda worrying to not even be able to start Windows Safe mode on it, no? Fortunately the manual was lying...

AKAImBatman said:
Ehh... I'll get back to you on that one. Trust me, I REALLY hate floppy drives. Besides, I try not to mess with my system's config any more than necessary. It always ends up in *something* in Windows not working as before, and my wife is always the first one to spot it. ;)

They make USB floppy drives that should be pretty straightforward.

How the hell did you lose it twice? It's pretty easy to find the episodes online, but we don't distribute them here.
Easy question easy answer. I let my younger brother lend my games out to his friends which I never get them back or are lost somewhere, which pees me off.
In the meantime I might take a look at Gamespot

I have found episode 2 to 7 and I should be able to download them, but I had an old copy of episode 1 which I got through a magazine promotion I bought several years ago. Is there anyway I can get episode 1 somewhere/one I think it is about 110meg or something??

I am having problem playing Secret Ops, I have been able to download the starter pack and the episodes 2-7 but when I try to play the computer comes up blank and i get a message that there is an error or something and it has something to do with the secretops.exe file.....can someone explain what does it mean or anyone offer any help to this??

Well, Dahan, to give it an up close and insightful analysis, it has something to do with your PC or other.

Give us some more specifics, like your hardware, OS, and what EXACTLY the error message says, and someone can help you. Or even better, take the error message and use the Search function in the forum - I guess someone had that problem before. Whichever.

P.S.: Did you get the part in this thread that downloading episodes 2-7 is not legitimate?

Not legit?? Then what are those files I downloaded from Gamespot??
I will bring up the warning next time and see what happens....

Back