Prophecy Movie Upgrade Patch Released (October 24, 2006)

Hi! How is going this? My last "up" to this post was in December. My version works correctly, but my subtitles just don't wrap correctly, and they go off screen. Hcl said he was working on that bug, how is going? Thank you :D

I had the black screen problem (Win7x64) and found a fix for me:
* installed "ffdshow tryouts" and enabled MPEG2 Decoder
* downloaded Win7DS Filter Tweaker: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Win7DSFilterTweaker/1262732488/1
* set ffdshow as 32bit decoder for MPEG2 and klick "apply"

Hope this helps.

This didn't work for me. I get no option to choose FFDshow in the tweaker for Mpeg2. But I clicked something else.. and ended up with it working *Shrugs*. I had to uninstall all my codec packs first though.

Hi folks,

I was able to load Prophecy into an SSD (120GB) I use for games, and did the listed procedure for the HD movies. Game runs fine, but when you click on "Talk to Hawk" at beginning, I get agrey screen. Installed form disk, and you get 1st movie with Zero just fine. I did unzip all the patches, but the readmes were a bit confusing. I unzipped the folders in my Prophecy folder, and the readmes seem to say to leave the files in the folders, and the files you need to overwrite are in the Prophecyfolder. If you unszip a file into the Prohecy folder, you get another folder within. It won't overwrite the .dll file that way, so I moved all the files into Prophecy. So, the game works as is, but the movie upgrade doesn't. I am sure this is just a dumbass mistake, so am I screwing up the "unzip it to the Prophecy part? Thanks,

your patch is really great but i can't read the subtitles full it miss some characters at the beginninng !!!! is the an option to downscale the fonts ?? my subtitles in game are set to french.
edited : tested in english and it works great, could you make something for the french subtitles working well ????
ps : sorry for my bad english

Bonjour ! Je vais y jeter un oeil ce soir quand je rentrerai à la maison. Tu as une version particulière de Prophecy en version locale Française ? Plus d'infos sur ton installation pourraient être utiles. par exemple, quelle version de Windows tu utilises, as-tu installé un pack de codecs (si oui lequel), etc.

À prime abord je te dirais que la police des sous-titres n'est pas gérée par le jeu ni la patch, mais bien par le codec; c'est probablement de ce côté qu'il faudra regarder. En effet, les DVD du jeu sont joués exactement de la même manière que si tu insérait un film DVD dans ton ordinateur. Même codec, même gestion des sous-titres.

j'utilise les codecs qui sont conseillé pour le jeux mpeg2dec et j'utilise windows 7 et la version du jeux qui se trouve sur le site

-------------------

Link removed

Désolé, mais par principe nous n'offrons pas de soutien aux installations piratées. Les jeux de Wing Commander ne sont pas des "abandonware", ils sont en fait toujours en vente, tu peux toujours les acheter sur ebay ou en version électronique sur GOG.COM (on s'attend d'ailleurs à ce que Prophecy s'y retrouve sous peu).

Back