Prophecy HiRes problem 1024x768

BarFly

Rear Admiral
Hello,

I have a Problem with this Patch. My System: Win98SE, DirectX 8.1, Celeron 500, 192Mb Ram, Geforce4 Ti4200 64Mb - Forceware 81.xx, SB Live! & Realtek NIC
The installation of the game runs well, the game runs well, the video runs well so far (I know the starting video already, so I skipped it & haven't had the time to play, just build up the machine and installed WCP + the WCSOP + the patches)).
When I Install the HiRes patch with 1024x768, it stops with the Message:"d::Video there is not such mode 1024x7684x16"
!!!!1024x7684x16 !!!!
Installed with 800x600 it runs without any problem.
Also the patched WCSO runs with 1024x768.
Does anyone have an idea, what could be wrong?
TIA for any suggestions.

What video mode are you running in? If you're using a glide wrapper, you need to make sure that the wrapper is configured to support 1024x768 and then rerun the high res installation program. What version of the high res patch are you running? The most up to date one was in the WCP enhancement patch.

Did you try to use 32 bit instead of 16 bit? AFAIK NVidia based cards 'prefer' 32 bit for most stuff.

Hello,

ChrisReid said:
What video mode are you running in? If you're using a glide wrapper, you need to make sure that the wrapper is configured to support 1024x768 and then rerun the high res installation program. What version of the high res patch are you running? The most up to date one was in the WCP enhancement patch.

thx for the fast answers.

The Version is 1.0.0.1 ( http://www.wcrevival.de/hcl/exe_dll/ )
I run D3D mode, without Wrapper.
The 'WCP enhancement patch'?
Where do I find tis one?

@cff

The installer does not allow me to choose 32bit. It is greyed out.
The Desktop is set to 32bit and 1024x768

Back