Prophecy Hi-resolution NO black bars? Possible?

nitromon

Rear Admiral
Hi,

Recently dug up my Prophecy CDs and decided to pop it in.

I tried the 2 hi-res patch on here, but both have problems. Perhaps some expert can help me out?

First, my system:
Win 7, 64-bit
Nvidia GT 650m
i7 - 2.6

1) Enhancement Pack
- I unzipped it into the Prophecy folder, it doesn't work with Nvidia. The whole game flickers, not just the movies, but the menu, the in-game, etc... whole game just keeps flickering. It does work with the Intel HD though.
- I tried running install.exe to set the resolution, but it crashes the moment I clicked ok. So basically I cannot install it and the default was set at 1024x768. I tried playing with the compatibility in the install.exe, but nothing helped.

2) Open GL Patch
- In order to use this, I had to completely uninstall my Prophect b/c the previous Enhancement Pack broken it. However, this patch worked and it is beautiful. But when I set it to 1920x1080, it gives the black bars on the side. The movies played full 16:9 just fine, but the actual game and the menu is in 4:3.

Is there any way to change it so it would play in widescreen 1920x1080? I mean, I know it can stretch b/c in 1600x1200 it stretched to fill the whole monitor. I just don't understand why in 1920x1080 it can't stretch horizontally to fill those bars.

- Also, I suppose there's nothing I can do to run the Hi-res movies since I cannot get the Enhancement Pack to work? Or is there a way around it? This isn't as big of a deal though, I'm really prefer getting the actual flight in 1920x1080.

I'm also trying to get it running on the Nvidia, not the Intel HD. This game is absolutely beautiful at 1920x1080 with 8xMSAA, 8xSGSSAA, and HBAO+. ;)

Thank you for your time,

Jeff

Last edited:
I guess after all this time and 70 views with no reply, it means it is not possible. That's really too bad, I guess I have to settle for 1600x1200. It's not bad, but with 1920x1080 and the AA applied above, it literally has no jagged edge whatsoever. The best thing about it is that because this game is so old - even with the enhancements, there is no performance reduction.

Sorry, all the game assets are still 4:3 and setting the resolution doesn't change that. Some people prefer black bars rather then horizontal stretching (what good is a hires image if it's distorted like a fun house mirror?). AFIK you need the OpenGl renderer for the enhanced DVD movies to work properly.

Last edited:
Back