Prophecy Deluxe?

I was surfing eBay tonight and ran across a copy of Prophecy for sale. It had a big red sticker on it proclaiming it was the "Deluxe" version. The picture was too small for me to read much else, so I was left wondering: What constitutes "Deluxe?" Does it share anything in common with the Gold version, or was this something different?

I think you should ask the seller - it's best not to assume anything. I doubt that "Deluxe" == "Gold".

Yeah, I've never heard of a Deluxe version of Prophecy. It was being offered for sale out of the UK, if that makes a difference. The sticker was on the box. I know I have seen several WC titles being auctioned/sold out of Europe that were different than those we get in the US.

Wedge is right.. that is indeed Prophecy Deluxe.. NOT Prophecy Gold..

"DELUXE EDITION.. Includes free hint booklet and music CD single 'Prophecy', total extra value $9.99."

You got that if you ordered Prophecy direct from Origin back in 1997.

We should see about scrapping up a hint booklet scan.. there was some fiction referring to a B2 (Behemoth 2?) something something in there if I recall correctly..

Special Edition was better IMHO. Came with Audio CD and Mousepad

That's z lot of crazy answers. They're all wrong, though. :) Prophecy Deluxe was the version sold only at Sam's Club stores in 1997... it came with a CD single (of the Prophecy song) and a 'mini hint book'. The mini hint book was just the 'sim mission' portion of the regular WCP hintbook, in A4 manual sized format.

WCP Deluxe is only really important if you're trying to collect all the WC music CDs, as it's got yet another unique Cobalt 60 Prophecy single.

Back