Rear Admiral
Ok my comp is
Dell Dimension 4550 series
Pent 4 processor at 2.0 Ghz
256 DDR SDRAM at 266MHz
32MB ATI RAGE UNTRA 4X AGP video card
48X max cd drive
Soundblaster Live!

Now from what I have seen all I need to do to slow down the movies in wcp or in wcso get ride of that glide error is just change the video card in the launcher?

To fix Prophecy's movie problems, you usually have to lower or disable hardware sound acceleration in DxDiag, which can be run via the Run... command in the Start menu. To run Secret Ops, you need to enable one of XP's compatibility modes, which can be done through the shortcut's properties.

I have tried those suggestions that many had about reducing the sound. I have tried it also in conjunction with slowing the CD drive down. And lowered the CD read ahead/optimization from within windows. I can get the movies almost to a stage of being playable, just almost however. But there is still the occasional skip. If I hadn't finished the game before I would be a nuisance. But it still detracts. I just downloaded and trying out a new program that is more effective at slowing down the CPU. Hopefully in conjunction with the sound alteration, the CD drive alteration and this cpu alteration, that it just might fix the issue.

Otherwise I am still stuck with the system being just way too fast or not slow enough.

Specs:
P4 2.4Ghz B
PC2700 Cas 2 512mb
GeForce 4 Ti4600
Plextor 40X Ultra Scsi CD
SB Audigy Plat.
7200 RPM 2mb Hard Drives Ultra ATA 100 and 133

OK Secret ops is running fine it's just prophecy that is still giving me problems! *refer to my last post* As for changing the video card the only two options it gave me are Direct3d and software.

Fix one problem, create a new one

As mentioned I was going to test out a new application that perhaps could help.

CPU Killer (an application to slow down the cpu by using up resources in a manner to emulate a slower cpu) was set to run the system at about a virtual 1200mhz (1.2ghz) cpu. I returned cdrom settings to quad speed with maxium read ahead cache. I let my cd drive run at its normal speed (17x-40x)

Results:
With Sound Acceleration Disabled - The game ran almost 100% smooth, but with well sadly one catch. Now the video didn't keep up with the sound, but barely. If you read lips of the actors, their mouth was maybe half a second behind. So if he says pleb, you are seeing his lips finish the b after the word had already been spoken. I tried upping the processor speed to about 1.4, but then it had skipping problems.

With Sound Acceleration Basic - Sound way to fast even with cpu speed down.

Summation:

This program seems to work some magic in helping to accomplish the task. But now the video is just a hair behind the spoken word, that someone who reads lips and can hear the spoken word will feel that someone forgot to properly word sync the audio.

I am going to spend more time tweaking the cpu killer settings but I recommend others give it a try and see if they get any good results.

SPEC:
2.4Ghz B Intel P4
512 MB CAS2 PC2700 (DDR333)
Intel 845G Chipset
PNY Geforce 4 Ti4600 128mb
Plextor Ultra Plex 40x
SB Audigy Platinum
HD 7200 Rpms' with 2mb cache

OS Settings:
CD Cache: Quad Speed with Maxium Read Ahead/Large setting
Sound: Dxdiag - No Acceleration

Back