Prophecy Advance = Technical Marvel

Col.Dom

Spaceman
After storming the base PSC, I procured my copy of Wing Commander Prophecy Advance!

All I can do is ask: "How'd they do it!?"

I'm still in awe of what they fit on this tiny cartridge. What a mighty little machine, I tell you. Like LOAF said in his hands-on: "Anderson telling me my fighter was ready for takeoff took me completely off guard."

I figured I wouldn't be surprised but when it happened I was like ":eek: "

Must have for any Wing Commander fan/GBA owner!!

Yeah, Prophecy GBA is amazing -- I'm looking forward to picking up another copy and seeing how it multiplays.

The great thing about Prophecy GBA is that you don't even need a GBA to enjoy it. It's got a pretty box.

I have neither yet, as I can't purchase games from Amazon, and didn't feel like preordering somewhere else. But I shall purchase it when it shows up in Toys R Us or EB sometime in the next week. I won't have the GBA to play it on until I get paid.

These are gooooood news cause I bought GBA only for WC Prophecy,I dont have any other game for it.

:)

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
These are gooooood news cause I bought GBA only for WC Prophecy,I dont have any other game for it.

Well, there are other great games on the system. Mario World, Mario Kart, Metroid Fusion, Zelda Link to the Past, Advance Wars, Zone of the Enders, etc. After WCP I'll be picking up Advance Wars 2 in a few weeks. Perhaps Final Fantasy Tactics after that.

Originally posted by TC
The great thing about Prophecy GBA is that you don't even need a GBA to enjoy it. It's got a pretty box.

That and the GameCube GBA Player comes out in 3 weeks. We might bring some Cubes down to DragonCon.

I want to buy a game for GBA you showed in the news months ago (maybe last year :p) that looks very familiar with WC1...Can you tell me the name ?you had some screenshots there too...Hmm maybe I should better use the archive and find it

It was called Star Giants by Raylight Studios. :) They hadn't done much with it, and shelved/converted it into Prophecy Advance.

Damn ! :( It looked really cool.....they should do both Prophecy and Star Giants.....anyway... :(

Like you said, Star Giants was pretty much a WC1 clone.. they should just do more WC games on the GBA or GameCube.

Hmm... Looking at the credits (news update)... And actually Reading them!

That last shot is interesting indeed... I count atleast 4 CIC regulars/staff.

Originally posted by AD
That last shot is interesting indeed... I count atleast 4 CIC regulars/staff.
Uh oh, we're not going to be able to bring their heads out of the clouds for weeks ;)
Seriously though, what did you guys do to warrant the special thanks (the short list please)?

C-ya

There are 7 CIC staff and friends on there, assuming we get to count Joe and Paula as two people.

People basically helped out where EA wasn't being overly useful. Various people sent extracted artwork, game related information, script and suggested edits to cut it down to size, copies of the game and things of that sort.

Originally posted by TC
People basically helped out where EA wasn't being overly useful.

Why does EA treat Wing Commander like a bastard stepchild? There's obviously a demand for it. It just seems as if they're... annoyed that people want more Wing Commander. I mean, sheesh, at least they're not asking for more Shockwave games!

*packs up his wallet * Alright....going out for my GBA.

It's funny. I was never impressed with a GBA, at least not enough to buy one. Funny how one thing WC-related will change things.

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Why does EA treat Wing Commander like a bastard stepchild? There's obviously a demand for it. It just seems as if they're... annoyed that people want more Wing Commander. I mean, sheesh, at least they're not asking for more Shockwave games!

We are a small community compared to others...thats the problem...they want numbers... :(

Back