Prophecy Advance = Technical Marvel

I always thought the GBA was a tiny little powerhouse. I mean, not only did they port over some excellent SNES titles... but they improved on them with added FX and speech (even though, most of the time, the speech is really annoying). Games like Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, Super Mario Advance II: Super Mario World, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past + Four Swords and Mega Man Zero really impressed me. Who knew reliving the 16-Bit glory days on a handheld could be so novel :D

Plus, now with more- erm- advanced titles coming to it (Prophecy Advance, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, all those other Blue Roses 3D games), the system really shows its greatness. In my eyes, tis quite versatile and it's the best gaming-on-the-go experience since the Sega Game Gear :cool:

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
We are a small community compared to others...thats the problem...they want numbers... :(

Yeah, true. That's too bad. However, considering Robotech and its root animes have only a small following, they sure are pumping a lot of money into it. As far as I know, Battlecry met with mediocre sales. I guess the difference between Harmony Gold and whatever other Japanese companies are involved (the legal battles between the US and Japan over Macross rights gave me too much of a headache to follow) and EA is that HG & Friends know what "fan service" is.

What amazes me the most is how they fitted it onto a tiny 32Mbit cartridge. GBA games are usually 32, 64 or 128Mb. So this game is only 4 megabytes and smaller than many other GBAgames.

Now lets hope they release WC1 and 2 in a combined cartride for the GBA too.

It amazes me, as well. To play the rest of the series on the GBA would be... awesome. Here's hoping they port over the others!

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Well, if everyone buys their copy then we may yet see that. :)

One of the salespeople at the EB I went to, in Canada, stated that 'a lot of people were asking about it' when I asked him about Prophecy... and their computers STILL say it's discontinued. He suggested I look at importing it.

Ah well. Figures.

Hmm, shouldn't their computers have separate entries for WCP GBA and the PC version? Maybe the guy you talked to just didn't know what he was doing and checked the PC version?

No, it probably only lists the PC version... so that's the entry he'd look at. Since none of the EB people I've talked to have known anything about EB stocking it in the future, in Canada, that seems about right.

Nope. I specifically said "Gameboy Advance" when I asked... they don't even *HAVE* any PC versions in their computers.

Yeah, I really don't like the fact that it hasn't shown up at EB, Toys R Us or even Futureshop. I've even checked Zellers and checked to see if they've got them for rental yet at Rogers or Blockbuster. Hopefully it's just because of the inherent difficulty of distributing to a different country.

I've sent an e-mail about Canadian distribution to Destination. If they end up responding this time, I'll post the reply.

Well, it looks like it will be released in Australia - I checked at the local EB today, and they say they'll have it in twenty days. They'd better mean it :p.

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Why does EA treat Wing Commander like a bastard stepchild? There's obviously a demand for it. It just seems as if they're... annoyed that people want more Wing Commander. I mean, sheesh, at least they're not asking for more Shockwave games!

I think it's the "not invented here" syndrome. EA did not get to "create" Wing Commander, therefore they don't want to be associated with it. Why use somebody else's design for free when you can spend millions reinventing the wheel?

Originally posted by Heinz Harald
What amazes me the most is how they fitted it onto a tiny 32Mbit cartridge. GBA games are usually 32, 64 or 128Mb. So this game is only 4 megabytes and smaller than many other GBAgames.

Now lets hope they release WC1 and 2 in a combined cartride for the GBA too.

Four megabytes?! That's the size of WC1!!!

Originally posted by Ijuin
I think it's the "not invented here" syndrome. EA did not get to "create" Wing Commander, therefore they don't want to be associated with it. Why use somebody else's design for free when you can spend millions reinventing the wheel?

That makes absolutely no sense at all... most of the Wing Commander series has been released under EA and EA is known for buying developers for their big name games so they can continue the series.

Originally posted by Quarto
Well, it looks like it will be released in Australia - I checked at the local EB today, and they say they'll have it in twenty days. They'd better mean it.
Wow. :)

Back