Prologue Released!

That explains it, thanks. My mouse is extremely slow, even with sensitivity set to its highest. I guess I'll just try playing with a keyboard, or if it doesn't work, I may just end up buying a joystick after all. :)

I was looking for more of a "We're 70% done" or something to that effect :)

Trust me, we really wish we could say this already :)

I guess I'll just try playing with a keyboard, or if it doesn't work, I may just end up buying a joystick after all.

I can imagine it's difficult to play with the mouse, or even the keyboard. IMO a joystick (even a cheap one) is highly recommended for any WC styled game :)

I'm getting a CTD in the first mission, halfway back from the mock combat with the corvette. Happened on two different computers. Anyone else seeing this?

Is this always happening ? Maybe try one of the sim missions (bombing run) instead and tell me if the same happens when you fly back to your homebase. Sounds like a problem with the change-ship-class script again (I use it to bring the battlegroup back to visual state).

to Admiral Tolwyn

Admiral! You and yours command did a very impressive work – made the WCS Prologue! Thank you for this! However I have some questions:

1. Then will be realized next part of WCS?
2. Whether there will be medals and new ranks?

This game (WCS Prologue) made this New Year very good for me!

P.S. Sorry for my English, I don’t now this language so good. I am also use electronic translator…

This is awesome news, I'm just upset that I'm still on the same dialup that I used back when Secret Ops was released

I suppose the lengthy download will at least bring back memories! :D

Congratulations, this looks amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

That reminds me, how big, file size-wise, are future chapters going to be? Big?

Most likely you have an old OpenAL installation. You should check your C:\Windows\system32 folder for either ct_oal.dll or nvopenal.dll and delete them if you find them. Then install OpenAL by running prologue_setup.msi (C:\Windows\Downloaded Installations).
I already downloaded it individually and I never see a bar when I try to install it so you're probably right. (Goes off to delete said folders).
edit: Crap, no dice. Anywhere else it could be?

Absolutely AWESOME!!!

This is what wing commander 3 should have been.
The attention to detail is amazing.

Of course I am left with wanting more-- aka the full release. :)

Guys, if EA ever makes a wing commander title again, they'd better call your group first.

THANK YOU for making the wing commander game I've been waiting for since playing WC2 for DOS.

Congrats on getting this into our hands for the new year...great way to start.

Thanks Guys.

Starman

I set the resolution back to 1028x726 and it works! :)

However, it was _REALLY_ choppy... so I made the following tweaks:

*Set all video options to 1 (all the way to the left) in-game
*Changed launcher settings to Medium and 16-bit

That smoothed out the gameplay considerably...

Now, if someone could please tell me why you decided to carry over the Thunder-bucket's 2 ounce afterburner supply, I can stop shattering my keyboard with my forehead everytime I tangle with the SEEMINGLY NEVERENDING SUPPLY OF FIGHTERS

Oh yea, by the way, Baws is f***ing USELESS :)

Not that I'm on a rant...but when I hear:

"You go ahead and take the shot and I'll cover you"

I, for some reason, actually expect BAWS (the speaker) to DO SOMETHING

both cruisers must survive, otherwise it's game over.

Yeah, I got that much, but you really should have a separate debriefing for if only one of the cruisers survives. Having the debriefing not match up to the events of the mission is generally considered a bad FREDing practice.

Why won't my joystick function in the game...it does outside of the game when calibrating and in other games that use a joystick, but not here.

It is a Logitech Wingman Extreme....yeah I know it is old but it works well enough.

And it is set as the joystick to use in the configuration....and the senstivity is up.

Why won't my joystick function in the game...it does outside of the game when calibrating and in other games that use a joystick, but not here.

It is a Logitech Wingman Extreme....yeah I know it is old but it works well enough.

And it is set as the joystick to use in the configuration....and the senstivity is up.

Try using different launcher options (i.g. Force 0, Force 1, etc) to resolve problems.

Yeah, I got that much, but you really should have a separate debriefing for if only one of the cruisers survives. Having the debriefing not match up to the events of the mission is generally considered a bad FREDing practice.

One Talla has no chance against the Kilrathi cruisers, so it will be destroyed as well.

Starman

I set the resolution back to 1028x726 and it works! :)

However, it was _REALLY_ choppy... so I made the following tweaks...

You might want to install "Asteroid Field Performance Fix". It should speed up things considerably.

One Talla has no chance against the Kilrathi cruisers, so it will be destroyed as well.

That didn't happen in the one game I played. One of the kirathi cruisers dies, and right after that the dover (is that the name?) exploded, and the other human Cruiser destroyed the remaining Kilrathi. The debriefing then told me that both cruisers were lost, even though one of them was still alive.

EDIT: If you don't want to do extra debriefings, a good way to finish the level would be to send in endless waves of Kilrathi after one human cruiser bites the dust. Stop sending Kilrathi after the second one dies, and then play the losing debriefing once the system is clear.

Taking down even a single fighter with the keyboard is a true challenge - so I'm very likely to end up buying a joystick sooner or later. I'm playing on very easy difficulty, and I can't even get past mission 4. :p

That didn't happen in the one game I played. One of the kirathi cruisers dies, and right after that the dover (is that the name?) exploded, and the other human Cruiser destroyed the remaining Kilrathi. The debriefing then told me that both cruisers were lost, even though one of them was still alive.

Let's put it this way: we have played that mission countless time and we never, never encountered what you described :) Thanks for reporting this, we will fix it in the next version.

Taking down even a single fighter with the keyboard is a true challenge - so I'm very likely to end up buying a joystick sooner or later. I'm playing on very easy difficulty, and I can't even get past mission 4. :p

Try mouse control. A good mouse is more accurate than a joystick, but you will often need to recenter it, which IMHO makes it worse overall, but still far better than using a keyboard.

Let's put it this way: we have played that mission countless time and we never, never encountered what you described :) Thanks for reporting this, we will fix it in the next version.

What's supposed to happen? The mission just ends after one cruiser is destroyed?

Back