Projections on a release date?

FlashFire82

Spaceman
Hey guys!

First of all I wanted to thank for all of the hard work that you've done. Now... I just ran out and bought a copy a Freespace 2 just so I could play your MOD. :) I know, I'm a dweeb... but still... it's bargain bin material.

So... without trying to twist your arms or anything... have we got a projected release date yet? Just curious... I know that you're probably very busy and trying to get this thing out as soon as possible without providing a crappy product, but it's just a curiosity.

Actually I believe that owning Freespace 2 will be unnecessary. I recall one of the mod members mentioning that they are making a stand-alone version of the mod, so you didnt have to go buy it. I could be wrong though.

This same thread has happened a bunch of times. Freespace 2 itself is free to distribute online, but it's not necessary to play WC Saga.

That's correct. Both, the prologue and the main-campaign will be standalone, there is no freespace-cd necessary. I will update the FAQ-Thread with that.

As for a release-date, it is still hard to tell. Since I have now received most voice-lines I can finish the missions. Though there are still some models to upgrade, which makes no real progress at the moment. Beta-Testing will certainly took
2 weeks or so.

But I really hope that it will be only a matter of weeks from now on. (but don't be
angry if it will take a little longer, since we want to polish everything as good as
possible so there will be as much of a wc-feeling as possible).

As soon as I finished the mission, we will be able to announce a release-date.

ChrisReid said:
This same thread has happened a bunch of times. Freespace 2 itself is free to distribute online, but it's not necessary to play WC Saga.

actually only the source code is completely free, this does not apply to the full package, although neither Interplay nor Volition really care. Anyway, we have based our stand alone package on the FS2 Demo, which is free.. more or less :)

The release date is not fully set. I can safely say, that we need one month for balancing, and as Starman stated, some models will be replaced before the prologue comes out.

You're not exactly at a loss if you bought Freespace 2. At the risk of sounding like a heathen, it is better than Wing Commander.

bbobb said:
You're not exactly at a loss if you bought Freespace 2. At the risk of sounding like a heathen, it is better than Wing Commander.

it may have better graphics and more dynamic missions, but Wing Commander has an outstanding story with remarkable characters. It is something I miss in FS 1 and 2 entirely.

Actually I am having quite a bit of fun with Freespace 2... but I have to say... I'm drooling over the prospect of using this engine for Wing Comander, and having mission creation at my fingertips with FRED. You people may very well have made my life complete if this MOD comes out to be what we're all expecting (and hoping for).

I think the mods are mopping up the remaining members of the evil saga team. Let's hope they leave Psych since he's more of a freelancer. And let's hope saga will still be released. no matter how nasty the team might be, I'm still looking forward to making my own exciting WC missions/campaigns.

Cool it, people. People in this community have had difficulties with the approaches, ideas, opinions and techniques used by the Saga team; and from all I know some of it may be fact. But there's no reason to call all of them villains.

Saga will be released eventually (as far as I recall sometime soon, at least this year), and it will be anyone's own decision to go and get it.

Oh, and if I remember right, today's Tolwyn's birthday.

The release of our prologue will be in the near future, but since there is still some polishing to do, I can't give an exact ETA yet. But we are working hard on getting it done. :)

Evil saga team, my ass. Most of them are nice guys usually. Why that stupid brainfart happened, I have no idea, it was probably full moon and the lack of oxygen for what I know. It's very sad that tha happened, but with any continuation of this the shit levels up on both sides equally, so if you feel like making an ass out of yourselves in public you are free to try, no matter what side your with. I'm sure there are a lot of nice people who will help anyone who tries.
All that is like that retarded brother of your neighbour - it just happened, and now it's best to hide it in the attic and tell visitors that those sounds coming from there are made by rats or something.

As for some members being banned, that's probably because they didn't abide to the rules and not because they are saga members, because banning them because just of that would meant that there's something rotten in the state of denmark, and I just hope that's not the case. Andbeing banned doesn't mean that all life functions cease and that they fall into a coma, so fear not, they're still canalizing their...stuff into something useful.

As for the release date, it's ain a few weeks, though we don't know the exact date. Stuff is almost done, but we're polishing the hell out of it right now and also are preparing some surprises that both maximize download size and enjoyment of WCSaga. :p

well i think that you guys are doing a great job so far. and i believe that the whole ordeal was a misunderstanding on both parts and poor choices of words (no offense). but i hope it'll settle down after a while. after all, families have fights but what's important is sticking together in the end. but what gets me is that guy that posted on a trolling board telling them to attack our forums

Lynx said:
As for the release date, it's ain a few weeks, though we don't know the exact date. Stuff is almost done, but we're polishing the hell out of it right now and also are preparing some surprises that both maximize download size and enjoyment of WCSaga. :p

I'm glad to hear that.

Dyret said:
I think the mods are mopping up the remaining members of the evil saga team. Let's hope they leave Psych since he's more of a freelancer. And let's hope saga will still be released. no matter how nasty the team might be, I'm still looking forward to making my own exciting WC missions/campaigns.

I'm still here, but now I dissapear and reappear without notice.

Lynx said:
As for some members being banned, that's probably because they didn't abide to the rules and not because they are saga members, because banning them because just of that would meant that there's something rotten in the state of denmark, and I just hope that's not the case.

The fact that Lynx is still able to post this should show that's not the case.

Ahh well. The Saga team are not bad guys. We have to understand that some people here, definatley myself included can be a damanding and anyoing. So really we cant say that anyone on the Saga team is Evil and if you do you're misguided.
BTW: I hope that I made a good point and welcome back Psych

Back