Problems with FRED2 (I know, im stupid)

Dyret

Super Carrot!
I know this isnt the right place, but i didnt want to go to the freespace forums, and i guess you guys have more experience with fred then many other people over there.
Okay here we go:

1: How do i make the capship use the big guns? I can make them use turrets/missiles against eachother, but they dont seem to use those green beams of destruction we all love so much. Is it a scriptet event perhaps?

Well, thats about it... sorry for posting this to the WC forums.

Well I would recommend to go to HLP for that purpose...but to answere your question (I am not a FREDder so it could be possible that their are better ways)

1) You could script the beamweapons to attack at a special time and/or a selected target..thats done over the EVENT editor. The best, but complex way to do it.

2) Their is a special FRED called FRED2_open. Their is under Editor -> Mission Specs a selectbox where you can set ALL SHIPS BEEM FREE (easiest way, but then its fires uncontroled at every enemy and the enemy also shots back ^_^)

Dyret said:
I know this isnt the right place, but i didnt want to go to the freespace forums, and i guess you guys have more experience with fred then many other people over there.
Okay here we go:

1: How do i make the capship use the big guns? I can make them use turrets/missiles against eachother, but they dont seem to use those green beams of destruction we all love so much. Is it a scriptet event perhaps?

Well, thats about it... sorry for posting this to the WC forums.

if you haven't found out yet beams are locked by default so you need to do an event that unlocks all beams for that ship or if your using on of the scp teams custom exe's then there a option to unlock all beams in that mission without writing a script for it, its in mission specs i believe

Back