Problems? Post them here...

Hey anybody found the other easter egg?

Say is that kilrathi just gibberish or is it translatable?

you really need a spoiler bottom on this forum

I just played Prologue mission 2 (yeah, just mission 2) for third time and the game always crash when I try to inspect the Ghotri. This time I get the classic Windows error "Debug or Close". I hope you get it fixed soon, I can wait to replay all the chapters with the new superb graphics!!!

At the very end after the last mission and before the final cutscene when you land and everyones on the flight deck, when you click on the Sabre at the top left you get this voice that sounds like its yelling Noooooooo! then some weird sounds haha.
Ah, that. One of the characters on the losing path had to record the longest line in the universe ("No!"), and he decided to have a little fun with it, so I threw in the alternative version just for fun :).

Hey anybody found the other easter egg?

Say is that kilrathi just gibberish or is it translatable?
Give it a try :). But please hold off with posting your findings (...even in spoiler tags) at least for a few days - give people a chance to find it and ask that same question.

btw, now that I remember. Is it normal to receive the same email 2 times?

In the losing path of episode 4 I got that email with some explanation about the stealth fighters, and then in the start of episode 5 (winning path) I get the email again.
Well, it wouldn't be normal to receive the same email two times... but you didn't :). Read closely - they actually say that the email is in response to reports from the Firekka (i.e., your encounters in Episode 4). Unless, of course, you also got the follow-up email from Cougar - in that case, there would be an error (though the code looks ok, so I'm guessing this wasn't the case).

Well, it wouldn't be normal to receive the same email two times... but you didn't :). Read closely - they actually say that the email is in response to reports from the Firekka (i.e., your encounters in Episode 4). Unless, of course, you also got the follow-up email from Cougar - in that case, there would be an error (though the code looks ok, so I'm guessing this wasn't the case).

I got saves at each mission so I will try to check if both are the same and tell you exactly which missions are.

EDIT: ok, it seems I was wrong. I probably got confused with Cougar's mail. It's weird I was sure I had read that episode 5 mail before... oh well... sorry about it

EDIT: ok, it seems I was wrong. I probably got confused with Cougar's mail. It's weird I was sure I had read that episode 5 mail before... oh well... sorry about it
Wait, so you did also see an email from Cougar, that second time? If you did, that would be an error. If you already got these emails in Episode 4, at this point you should only get an email from Intel.

WAHHH this crash bug is killing me :-(.

Keeps crashing the game after the base assault mission in episode 1. I've played it three times hoping I could get through without it crashing but it always does it after the mission is over. But good news is I'm getting closer.

1st time crashed as I was approaching the Lionheart to land, mission successful

2nd time crashed during the landing animation

3rd time crashed when Saber three was veering off course

figure I'll try one or two more times, maybe I'll get far enough for the autosave feature to kick in :cool:

I know you all are working on it, just felt the need to give my report!

I have this weird problem, standoff was working fine yesterday, I updated directx and now I get audio but no video in OpenGL mode

GF8800GTS with 190.38 drivers

Hmmm...nobody else has problems starting the game, but quite a bit of problems running it.

Of course, that probably means an updated version won't fix my issue, whatever it is.

so does anyone have any suggestions about my 2d error message :( . i cant even start standoff at all

Flying the last mission and I get booted after the end of the mission.

Oh and How to I get Torps into that damm super carrier. I get a lock and boom nothing happens.

Oh I just want to see my victory shower and such.

so it is me again^^

So my problem is:
After a crash the game is toasted.

I uninstall reboot my system....install..... crash... have to uninstall...rebbot...install.... play.... crash... uninstall reboot...install...

It is very interesting. I treid a lot of graphic configurations, but nothing seems to help.
I updatet all my components, but no effect.

Anything I can try to fix?
Or any information I can give you to help?

by the way, as far as I ould see...love the game, and I can't wait to play the last missions^^

WAHHH this crash bug is killing me :-(.

I'm pretty confident we've got it narrowed down. Last night I was able to play all the way through the game (Ep1-Ep5) in 4 hours without a single crash.

I'm waiting for Pete to get back to his machine right now so I can test some more things. Hopefully soon guys...real soon.

Back